Rookie Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeJ06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a rookie question for you guys, keep in mind I know next to nothing about lifting a truck/jeep.

Because the rear axle is solid, does it get "pushed" forward as a result when lifting the suspension?

And I'm trying to look into different lift kits, so far the info on this forum and L.O.S.T. has been awesome. How much lift do you get with just OME struts and springs? No spacers. I'd like a lift with the least amount of problems.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a Frankenlift on mine, and now at rest the rear axle control arm is angled down a little, where before it was pretty much straight. That would put the axle forward a *little*, but certainly not much.

Just the OME struts and springs in the front gives you 1.5 - 2 inches, I believe. The Frankenlift adds a spacer to the front to make it 2.5, just enough to level it out with the back. My CVs still look quite good with the full 2.5" (they are now pitched down at about the same angle that they were pitched up before) but they would probably be almost exactly straight across without the spacer.

MikeJ06

Reaction score
Does the OME lift have the same lift front to back? I want to avoid any rubbing on the upper ball joint and undue stress on the CV joints so I'm thinking of ditching the spacers in the front. If the only purpose is to level out the lift, but if the OME lift has the same lift all around it will end up with the same stock stance with extra clearance.

So the driveshaft is long enough to accommodate the extra 2.5" of lift?

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the way I understand it replacing just the springs and struts/shocks with the OMEs gives you the same lift in front as in back, so you end up with the same stance you started with. The spacer in the Frankenlift is just to level the vehicle.

Yes, the driveshaft is not an issue. As far as I know.

Russ
2006 Limited, Frankenlift II Premium, Al's A-arms, Moab wheels, 245/75-16 MT/Rs, AllJ Rails, Mopar skids, hitch, stuff