Rock Rails>Side Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like MOPAR side rails protect further up the side than rock rails. I want rock rails right?

Thanks in advance.

pixeldzn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The side rails will bend like a coat hanger the first time you use them for anything other than a step up. Rock Rails or Boulder Bars are the way to go.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Is there a difference between the strength of black and the bright Renegade ones? Pretty good price difference but I am guessing that the Renegades were purchased in higher volumes by DC since they are a standard model and that keeps the price down. Both would look good on my Limited.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
If you are going to do any significant wheelin', I would say get boulderbars or some other aftermarket rock rails/sliders other than Mopar ones. The mopar ones are not strong at all, and will bend if you come done on a rock with them. If mine didnt come with them, I would have bought boulderbars by now, but since I had the rails from the factory, i upgraded other things first. The boulderbars are my next upgrade.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try calling Rocky Road & ask if they have something coming up for your model year. They are very pro-Liberty, & may have something soon.

Latest posts

Members online