Revo info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, guys, bare with me if this has been asked.

I've been searching for some new tires for my KJ and my '03 Ranger FX4. Stock on the Ranger is 245/75-16 and I'm plannin' on going up to 265/75 on same wheels.

The Tire Rack shows only one model of Revo available in the stock size for the KJ, but for the FX4 there are 3 different models.

The only difference I see is the Serv. Desc: is 123/120R on one, 112/109S
on another, and 114S on the other. Can someone explain to me the differences in those? I think it's about the load rating (i.e. the FX4 should have the higher numbers over the KJ) and that's why the KJ is only available in the lowest rating, IIRC.

Is this about right?

jpm

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use the 245/70X16 on the KJ.The rating number you mention tell you the speed rating of the tire. For a Ranger the load rating also is more important if you really use your rig as a truck. Loads,towing, etc.
The C rated tire is the minimum needed if you load your rig any, and the bare minimum for offroad travel. The E rated tire is a light truck tire designed to take what you dish out if you are a true trucker and/ or wheeler.

SAF16055

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plz excuse my ignorance on the subject ( happy new KJ owner), but would someone please gimme the scoop on these Revo tires? I see that they get high remarks and some background info for me would be appreciated.

The Liberty has proven itself to be a rather worthy machine so far.
(libsilver)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CRD4Liberty said:
I'd use the 245/70X16 on the KJ.The rating number you mention tell you the speed rating of the tire. For a Ranger the load rating also is more important if you really use your rig as a truck. Loads,towing, etc.
The C rated tire is the minimum needed if you load your rig any, and the bare minimum for offroad travel. The E rated tire is a light truck tire designed to take what you dish out if you are a true trucker and/ or wheeler.

Yep, I think that's about right....if it were me, I'd get the C-rated (112/109S). You don't want the cheapest ones if you do any towing or anything, but I'm not sure if you need the E rated tires or not (might be a waste of money if you don't need it.)

2003KJ

Reaction score
SAF16055 said:
Plz excuse my ignorance on the subject ( happy new KJ owner), but would someone please gimme the scoop on these Revo tires? I see that they get high remarks and some background info for me would be appreciated.

The Liberty has proven itself to be a rather worthy machine so far.
(libsilver)

If you're looking for a great all around all-terrain tire, that can get you where you want to go offroad, and not beat you up or drone out your conversation inside when going down the road, the Revo's are for you.

I've been running mine for just over a year now. I've done some mild wheelin with them and almost could have stayed in 2wd. I havent driven them on snow (yet), but on the little bit of ice driving I did last week, I was thoroughly impressed with them. Plus, after a year and properly rotating and balancing them, they still look like the day I bought them.

They're a bit pricey though....but if you can overcome that, they are WELL worth it.