Review: Meguiars G100 DA Polisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noisy. Very. Noisy. But, if you can get over the noise factor, get ready for the ultimate detailing machine (name already taken) for consumer or professional use. It's easy to use, gives astounding results quickly, and has a good length cord on it already. The inital cost is high, but if you think about how many beers you would have to consume to replace the calories you burn while producing these kind of results by hand, it will pay for itself in no time. Changing pads is as simple as could be, just rip off the current pad and slap a new one onto the self-centering velcro backing plate. Pad technology has come a long way since Meguiars first released their pads, but they still get the job done brilliantly, and you can always just swap out the backing plate and pads if you want to use another brand.
Speed is adjustable from 1-6, or about 1000opm up to about 5500opm (what a sound that speed 6 is :eek: ) with low speeds being great for spreading product and the higher speeds being best for putting the products to work.
All in all, an excellent buy, but shell out for some ear protection with your order - it sounds like an older heavy-duty corded drill, or a Honda with a fart cannon.
4.8/5 due to noise (indicates poor machining tolerances/balancing to me).

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also love my PC. I bought it from autogeek.com for around $150 with a one year warranty. Meguiars PC cost ALOT more but it has a lifetime warranty. I also love their pads and backing plates.

There is a new orbital buffer out called the Ultimate detailing machine and its made just for polishing. Its quieter, has more power, and works all all existing pads.