Renegade/Roof Basket Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if the cross rails will work with this rack? it doesn't look like it will.
TIA.

A

Attachments

• rails.jpg
    rails.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

ride4lamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has two bars that go parellel with the side of the jeep that can be turned and used as cross bars with a rack etc. Ill see if i can find pics, if not ill take one tonight

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
You can take the extra Rene rack stuff off I do believe and have the regular rails to put the crosses on. May want to confirm that, but I think it's doable.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take the extra Rene rack stuff off I do believe and have the regular rails to put the crosses on. May want to confirm that, but I think it's doable.

i think you are right, looks like the basket just clamps onto the regular rails

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rene and I took the plastic crap off last weekend. It took a torx bit and about 10 minutes. The cross bar setup that comes with the plastic get-up is still usable without the plastic cowling, or you can leave the crossbars off and use whatever comes with any aftermarket product.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rene and I took the plastic crap off last weekend. It took a torx bit and about 10 minutes. The cross bar setup that comes with the plastic get-up is still usable without the plastic cowling, or you can leave the crossbars off and use whatever comes with any aftermarket product.

Before

After
selling?

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way - I just got this thing!

My original plan was to give it up to my daughter who will be turning 16 later this year and then go buy a 4 door JK, but I'm liking this thing so much that my daughter may end up with a Yugo or something.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way - I just got this thing!

My original plan was to give it up to my daughter who will be turning 16 later this year and then go buy a 4 door JK, but I'm liking this thing so much that my daughter may end up with a Yugo or something.

LOL....I was asking about the rack you removed...last thing I need is another car.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has two bars that go parellel with the side of the jeep that can be turned and used as cross bars with a rack etc. Ill see if i can find pics, if not ill take one tonight

A picture of that bar would be great.

AtoB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks! so those rails turn so that they run parallel with the axles? they look stationery.

never mind... i found the installation PDF.... they unbolt and can run cross wise.... perfect

ride4lamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, run them parelell for a rack or perpindicular to use the basket.