Rebuilding my first 3.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodeWarrior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day, JeepKJ

I have owned 3 Libertys over the last 10 years. My first, a 2004 lasted us 120K miles before we sold it prior to moving to Hawaii. Our second, a 2003 Limited 4WD that we bought on island (has been a source of trouble since we got it), and a 2004 Limited 4WD that I bought to fix up.

The 2005 came to me with the engine removed (and sitting in the rear compartment) and partially disassembled. A number of items are missing as the previous owner seems to have lost them. Apparently the radiator had a leak and the engine overheated and warped a cylinder head.

I have removed the engine from the rear compartment, got it on an engine stand and I am about to start tearing it down in the next few days. I plan to rebuild it since I have it out and in a position to work on it.

I have some pictures of the Jeep, the engine and other parts here:
IMGUR Jeep Album

Let me know what you think. I have my father-in-law helping (he is a mega mechanic) and I think this is going to be a fun adventure.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow nice project! What do I think? I want to go to Hawaii. And last but not least, welcome to the forum.
:icon_lol:

Bert

Last edited:

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks fun and challenging project. Looking forward with your progress thread.

Members online

No members online now.