Rear Shock Question ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeepC

Reaction score
I have an 04 Liberty Sport with a 2.5" lift. The rear end , Im guesing the shocks, make all kinds of squeaking and rumbling noises when driving. I have Skyjacker shocks on the back. Does anyone else have this problem and how do I fix it??? Also the front end makes a loud noise when I go over a speed bump at a slow speed. It sounds like the bottom is dropping out of the engine compartment. I have an ARB bb w/out winch on the front with OME springs(HD) and not sure what kind of struts are on it. Any suggestions or known fixes to these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks O:)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear shocks, you might need to put some washers on the ends to help take up slack between the shock ends and the mount points - did you install them yourself and if so did you notice them being a little loose? As for the front it may be that something has come loose or it may be that you've blown a strut. If the stock struts were used for the front and they did not put in extended bumpstops then that would be the first thing to go. An easy way to check the struts is to go out and push down on the front end then let go - if the front comes back up and settles out then the struts are still good, if it bounces up and down then the struts aren't doing anything and need to be replaced. Quite a few people put in Rancho RSX 17505s since they have more travel. Good luck figuring it out.

jkl

Reaction score
i went from the rustys shocks that do the same thing to the ranchos, it was one of the best investments i made for libby.