Random CEL/Low Fuel dings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So maybe 2x a month, after I have been driving like 10-20 minutes, I get a random/sometimes 2 "dings" from my Libby. They aren't the EVIC beep-beep-beep, but the single low fuel/check engine light noise. It's very distracting because instantly my eyes go from the road to the dash to see if there are any (new) lights/check my fuel level/check the EVIC, etc...

I can verify I have only the same pending CEL(bank 1/sensor 2 heater) and my fuel is at least over 1/4 full, so it's not that.

Any ideas or is it just a gremlin in my system?

Ourobos

Reaction score
I have a similar situation, except I'm pulling code U1411.. Checking fuel pressure, mine wouldn't hold pressure and took 2-3 key cycles to build pressure. Once running my pressure was still 6psi below the minimum threshold. Due to the gas gauge doing as yours does, I determined mine is my pump / sending unit. I'll be replacing it Wednesday to see if so. Yours could be the sending unit as well IMHO.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so the other day I was sitting at a light when the dings happened, so I was able to fully stare at my dash when the second one went off, and it's apparently my washer fluid b/c the odometer flashed to say "lowwash" or "washlow" for like .5 seconds.