Radiator surprise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyKK

Reaction score
The $$ tally keeps going up. Ran to town Monday for a haircut, and had steam coming from under the hood. Turns out I developed a pin hole in the radiator (directly below the latch on the front). Tried the JB weld trick Monday night and went to bed with fingers crossed. Let’s just say I replaced the radiator Tuesday afternoon. Took about 1.5 hours from tools out to cleaned up (pretty easy job). Didn’t have time to order one online as we are headed 1200 miles north on Saturday. Hopefully the overpriced O’Reilly radiator will last longer than some others I have read here on the forum!

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These thing’s always seem to happen right before a trip. Keep us updated on that radiator. Safe travels!

dutch

Reaction score
Recently had to put a new radiator on my '05 with 204k on it. Then about a week later my water pump started leaking. Installed new pump. Next the plastic overflow tank got a crack in it. Thought that had to be it, but a few nights later the hose that runs from the reservoir to the radiator split (yes it was installed new with the reservoir) letting water get all over the coils and plugs on the left bank... had to replace them.
Hope that's it for a while as I really love my Liberty!