Provent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kntrygurl

Reaction score
Who here is runnin a provent? i am wanting one but do not know how to go about gettin one. I have checked the website but it does not tell me if it will fit the jeep or not.

Anyone here with answers please fill me in!

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other side drivers in Europe and Australia seem to have more room than we have and put it in front of the fuel filter. I've seen some earlier pics of a few installs on our rigs on the passenger side, but it was a very tight fit. Most have gone the EHM route. I had a mini Provent I built on mine, but the dealers have a cow if it's on there when they see it, same I imagine with the EHM.

kntrygurl

Reaction score
The other side drivers in Europe and Australia seem to have more room than we have and put it in front of the fuel filter. I've seen some earlier pics of a few installs on our rigs on the passenger side, but it was a very tight fit. Most have gone the EHM route. I had a mini Provent I built on mine, but the dealers have a cow if it's on there when they see it, same I imagine with the EHM.

can you tell me how you built yours? the dealer i use said that he didn't see where it would hurt if i installed one but i can't find one that i want. I don't want to do EHM because of the blow by that will leak all over the frame, but i also don't wanna fork out the 200 for a provent that won't fit on the jeep and i will have to modify.

ATXKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - but Lousiana isn't supposed to be right hand drive

I used the clear hoses and mounted it behind the air box - passenger side - there's an wiring loom mount back there - if you take it loose from the fender the wires and Provent have room - they can be loose because there's no place for them to go - it's a tight fit.

However if I were doing it now - I wouldn't buy the Provent - I'd build one out of the white drain pipe - about 1/2 the size of the Provent
(if LOST were up I'd post a link - it's the way the VW TDI guy built one)

it would give you a lot more space

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford officially sanctions the Provent system as a dealer-install option, meaning it conforms to EPA regs and will pass EPA-mandated DOT inspections - use 'em if ya got 'em................

mrkake

Reaction score
Yeah - but Lousiana isn't supposed to be right hand drive

I used the clear hoses and mounted it behind the air box - passenger side - there's an wiring loom mount back there - if you take it loose from the fender the wires and Provent have room - they can be loose because there's no place for them to go - it's a tight fit.

However if I were doing it now - I wouldn't buy the Provent - I'd build one out of the white drain pipe - about 1/2 the size of the Provent
(if LOST were up I'd post a link - it's the way the VW TDI guy built one)

it would give you a lot more space

My Provent is in the same place. I ran a drain line down the fender well with a valve on the end so it's easy to empty the drain line. I will eventually route it back into the crankcase though. A Provent is the high end way to do it for sure. I have seen some home made filters that look like they would be just as effective as the expensive Provent.

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like this................

Attachments

• CRD A 052.jpg
    CRD A 052.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 57
  • CRD A 051.jpg
    CRD A 051.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: