Proper AC Usage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping my Air on the far left selection. This circulates cabin air and also cools the inside faster. Should I switch to a different setting once it begins to be cool?

Thanks!

dnm45227

Reaction score
I've always heard that you should leave one of the windows cracked, until it starts to cool down. The idea being this allows a vent for the hot air that is being displaced by the colder air.

AtlanticLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run that setting all the time only because it seems to be the most stable. By that I mean that I don't have to tinker with the temp setting or the fan speed or switch back and forth with the inside/outside air.

That setting works the best, so why not use it? I figured if I wear something out, well, that's what warranties are for. \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I keep mine on this setting too... I'm impatient, and this cools a heck of a lot faster... which is great, with all his hot and humid weather we've been having lately.

We've always used this setting on all the vehicles that have been in our driveway... no problems with it.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i do what dnm does..like when i first start her, and fire up the ac in the said position, i open up both front windows.....open up my gate, pull her out, and close back gate......then i close passenger window, and leave mine open for a few block before i close it back up....

i just adjust accordingly but usually when im moving i switch it to the next position..but only do it when it's nice and cool inside

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
Here's the deal...

The first setting (recirculation) doesn't draw (as much) air from outside... the other settings all draw air primarily from the outside, so they are changing the temperature of whatever the outside temp is.... obviously when it's HOT outside, they can't cool the air as much as the recirculation setting since it's only cooling air from inside that has already been cooled.

This is also why you're better off airing out the vehicle first with fresh air than running in the recirculation setting immediately and trying to cool off that 120 degree air that's been cooking in the Jeep for the last few hours.... run the windows down and get the inside air to at least the temp of the outside air, then set it on recirculation mode, and cool it down.

Luis

dnm45227

Reaction score
I don't think so, the compressor is running either way. Just aguess though.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Recirculation mode is more efficient but creates more noise while in use.

G

dnm45227 said:
I've always heard that you should leave one of the windows cracked, until it starts to cool down. The idea being this allows a vent for the hot air that is being displaced by the colder air.

Me too. Window cracked seems to work for me! O:)