ProClip IQue 3600 (GPS) mount will be my first accessory.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T^2

Reaction score
I elected not to get the AM/FM Stereo with CD Player/GPS Navigation option on my Liberty. For my purposes I prefer to have my hand held GPS (Garmin IQue 3600 Palm with built in GPS). The $1200 is hardly worth the money, especially considering that I already have a unit that will do the same thing and it only cost 1/3 the money.

I prefer having a hand held because I can take it with me (hiking or whatever) when I get to my destination (not to mention the additional Palm functionality of the IQue). It will be easier to upgrade over time, and will be less incentive for somebody to break into the Jeep to steal the head unit etc.

All that being said, I found what I believe will be an excellent mounting solution for the IQue. It's a product from ProClip.

ProClip has custom mounts for a multitude of vehicles and holders for various electronic devices.

Here are pictures of the mount for the Liberty:

You must be registered for see images

Here is how it mounts in the Liberty:

Once the base is installed, you install the MoveClip (optional) to the base. The MoveClip allows you to remove the IQue Holder (or whatever device holder you have - IQue, PDA, IPod, etc.). This is handy for when you don't want to use your device (and have the empty holder sticking on your dash doing nothing but taking up space), or if you want to use your device holder in another vehicle.

Pics of the MoveClip:

You mount the device holder to the male MoveClip (left) and slide it into the female (right).

Here are pics of the IQue holder (device holder):

The second holder has a built in amplified speaker and power cord that plugs into the accessory port/lighter. I'll probably go with the first holder because I like the power options from BoxWave (VersaCharger and MiniSync) better and the speaker volume on the IQue is generally adequate for my use. The price of the first option is also a lot cheaper.

BoxWare's website:

http://www.boxwave.com/index.htm

Currently I have an Arkon Vent Mount for my Ranger. The only problem I have with it is that it covers up a vent. That's not a problem in the winter, but in the summer it kinda *****. However it works well as far as a mount for the IQue. It puts the device at a very good location for viewing and reach.

The nice thing about the ProClip is that it also puts the device at a perfect location for viewing and reach and it doesn't cover the vent. It's also a more sturdier mount then the Arkon.

Another plus, according to ProClip - "No dismantling of your dashboard is required and there is no damage to your vehicle’s interior! The ProClip Mount is made of ABS plastic and is heat and cold resistant."

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you order, you can use the JeepKJ Discount to save yourself a bit of coin. I opted to go with the Pro-Fit bracket myself for the Delphi SkyFi XM radio because the positioning for the pro-clip was not condusive to passenger use. In terms of ease of installation, yes, I had to drill a couple of holes in the dash trim, but it really wasnt difficult, and if I wanted to take it out, I could without much notice.

Anyway, best of luck with it, post some photos once you get it installed. Be interested to see real-world use of it.

-Blu