Pentastar V-6 Production Line Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I watch I keep waiting for the umpa lumpas to jump out from off camera or something. :badger_1::badger_1:
Cool vid tho. makes it obvious why some work and some don't, but most do...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
There seems to be many steps not shown.
My guess is that the engine never gets tested or fired before it leaves the engine plant.
They probably ship them from engine plant in MI to vehicle assembly plant, and the engine and transmission get married there,to the body, and only on final assembly with fluids, it get started and driven out.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be many steps not shown.
My guess is that the engine never gets tested or fired before it leaves the engine plant.
They probably ship them from engine plant in MI to vehicle assembly plant, and the engine and transmission get married there,to the body, and only on final assembly with fluids, it get started and driven out.

That would be the most locigal as you would avoid all kind of shipping issues (weight, fluid leakage, etc...).

Not having to deal with the fluids until the end makes it a great deal easier to maintain the "GREEN" image they went out of there way to portray in the film.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was pretty amazing. Would of liked to of heard one of them get started up, just to hear what it sounds like.

Thanks for that

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice vids TC.

Sounds like the Pentastar plays music too........:smokin:

Dave