Passenger side water leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a water leak on the driver side. If you remove the weather stripping you'll find screws that hold the trim piece against the a pillar. Remove that, look for rust. My leak was caused by the pinch weld. I had rust around the top of my window and it spread to the pinch weld. Had the windshield pulled new metal welded in and roof really painted with a NEW windshield for 425

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jmgillo

Reaction score
Does anybody know what would be the best Jeep forum for the PNW (Seattle in particular) area? I need an expert to look at this as I am stumped. Would also really love to avoid the dealership in this case.
Have you figured it out? I have the SAME exact problem with my 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade. Please let me know if anything helped. I tried sealing the windshield myself in the top corner, and nothing. It just rained today heavy and the slot filled with water.

Jeepcopterguy

Reaction score
Sorry new to this previos post I meant to say right fender not left.
I feel your pain. For a while know had same problem replaced windshield been driving me crazy. No sunroof so not drain lines and happens only in rain so not an a/c heat issue. But I found it... Hope this helps. My picture files are to big it will not let me upload them. If you remove the front right fender (good luck) about 6 inches from the top there is a seem that is not welded and has foam in it. The foam was gone how or why not sure only some was left. Sure enough water runs down the window to the wiper area down the side and right into that area shown in your pic. I filld the void with rubber sealant used a plastic syringe to get it in there and then once it started to set i coated the entire area with flex seal. All put back together so far so good. If you want pics send me msg with your email I will send them to anyone who wants.

ReniTheRenegade

Reaction score
I searched all the prior threads around this and mine seems unique (which I still find hard to believe).

Whenever it rains passenger side getting soaked. Resealed the inlet for the cabin fan like in the sticky without finding the leak first. Took the interior apart today and put a garden hose on it. Could not find a stream of water coming in anywhere until the light went past the notch that the kick panel clips into. This section is completely full inside and then drains out that notch onto the kick panel then into the carpet. I cant for the life of me see where that water would be coming from, or why it would pool in that spot. Help!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
I have the exact same issue on the driver's side of my 2011 Liberty. However, I do not have a sunroof. I'm not totally sure but I believe rain has been getting by the rubber boot for the door's wire harness.

Dangerousdave26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Stickey's on the 02-07 General Forum

That is probably the problem. Was with mine note I do not have a sunroof. This is worth doing as it can be part of your issue.

Yes I know this is an old thread