Passenger air bag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjtilney

Reaction score
The other day my girlfriend was driving my 05 Liberty sport and I was sitting in the passenger seat. I noticed that my passenger air bag light went on and off about three times within a minute then it stayed off after that. Has this happened to anyone else or do you know what the problem is?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day my girlfriend was driving my 05 Liberty sport and I was sitting in the passenger seat. I noticed that my passenger air bag light went on and off about three times within a minute then it stayed off after that. Has this happened to anyone else or do you know what the problem is?
Were you shifting your weight in the seat at the time? It goes off it thinks something is in the seat that is less than a certain weight (i dont remember what the min weight is).

sjtilney

Reaction score
No, I was not shifting my weight. I weigh about 145 witch should be more than enough.