painting undercarriage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Update : Rubberized Coating referenced above.

Roof rails faded slightly after 4 years ... re-coated this summer.... look great!

But Cardhu is right! It could not handle the rusting of the rock rails ... rusted through in a little over 2.5 yrs ... and didn't last even 6 months on my door (bottoms) repairs and that is after using rust converter first.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my leftover can to paint a box that i keep recovery straps in. Its tacky when it gets hot, i really don't like it.

Best success to date is with rustoleum professional enamel gloss black that i buy at fastenal. seems to work better then the tremclad flat black I've used before as well.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used rustoleum rust converter primer then painted diffs and axle tubes with walmart black - 98 cents. Painted the under side with tractor enamel grey that I picked up somewhere cheap

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my liberty undercoated by ziebart and then sprayed inside the frame rails with eastwood internal frame coating. I used 3 bottles.

Members online

No members online now.