P0335 turned into P0339

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kittykat12

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 05 Liberty 2.4l 6 speed, about 173,000 miles, that was throwing a p0335 code. I replaced the crank sensor(part no. 907-763) and the IAC(code popped up too and is gone now). But when I reset the code by pulling the battery, and drove 3 city blocks, it popped the code P0339. And it now has a hard time starting, and when it does it will not go over 2400 rpm, and runs really horribly... any thoughts?? Please and Thank you.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 05 Liberty 2.4l 6 speed, about 173,000 miles, that was throwing a p0335 code. I replaced the crank sensor(part no. 907-763) and the IAC(code popped up too and is gone now). But when I reset the code by pulling the battery, and drove 3 city blocks, it popped the code P0339. And it now has a hard time starting, and when it does it will not go over 2400 rpm, and runs really horribly... any thoughts?? Please and Thank you.
first thought is:
Did you use an OEM Mopar part? These things are very picky on engine electrical components.

Kittykat12

Reaction score
first thought is:
Did you use an OEM Mopar part? These things are very picky on engine electrical components.
I did not... not going to be able to get that until Friday. I got the Dorman from Autozone.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not... not going to be able to get that until Friday. I got the Dorman from Autozone.
That is probably the culprit. If you read thru here, you will find the OEM sensors are almost a must to get the thing working right.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you must use original Mopar sensors. The aftermarket ones can cause problems or last one year or less....