Overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l100

Reaction score
Hi

Have installed a overhead console in my KJ Sport 2003 model but have the following problem:

The temp. is not working - only a line shows and all the functions on STEP has the same problem.

The local dealer has checked that my vehicle does have a premium BCM.

Can anyone help me to solve the problem.

John Eastes
Limpopo Province
South Africa

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If so, that's what will happen if a 2004 or later EVIC is installed. I have a 2003 unit in my 2007 Liberty, and no temp shows.

The reason for this is that in 2003 and prior Liberties, the temp readout came from the BCM (body control module). 2004 and up come from the PCM (powertrain control module).

You'd need to find an EVIC that is from a 2003 or earlier vehicle.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If so, that's what will happen if a 2004 or later EVIC is installed. I have a 2003 unit in my 2007 Liberty, and no temp shows.

The reason for this is that in 2003 and prior Liberties, the temp readout came from the BCM (body control module). 2004 and up come from the PCM (powertrain control module).

You'd need to find an EVIC that is from a 2003 or earlier vehicle.

What he said. :)

l100

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

This makes sense. Is that also why 'trip miles(km's), average km, time elapsed etc. is also a blank line?

goob2k

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Sport. Do I have to find a unit from a 2006 or will any unit from a 2004+ work? I've never really found a definitive answer for that.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys

This makes sense. Is that also why 'trip miles(km's), average km, time elapsed etc. is also a blank line?

Shouldn't be - should only be the temp. If those are blank lines, then I'd think you have something hooked up incorrectly. Check your wiring.

goob2k said:
I have a 2006 Sport. Do I have to find a unit from a 2006 or will any unit from a 2004+ work? I've never really found a definitive answer for that.

You would need a unit from 2004+ as best as I can recall. I'd check the EVIC thread to make sure.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, damn TPMS. I was approached by a member here for a swap - he needs a 2003, I need a 2004+ EVIC. It has TPMS though, and I don't know that it's worth having the working temp if it's going off due to my non-TPMS KJ.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

Have installed a overhead console in my KJ Sport 2003 model but have the following problem:

The temp. is not working - only a line shows and all the functions on STEP has the same problem.

The local dealer has checked that my vehicle does have a premium BCM.

Can anyone help me to solve the problem.

John Eastes
Limpopo Province
South Africa

If yours is from a 2004 I'll buy it from you.... depending on the price too.
I also have a 99 Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler overhead console OTIS for sale if anyone needs one. It displays everything but the temp on my KJ. $55 shipped
http://theblakbox.com/lost/evic/

Last edited:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. The part number for a 2003 "Overhead Console Module" is 56010349AC
2. 2002 04760145BG OTIS