OTIS with Sunroof Control on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an OTIS to me, but i'm just a layman.

Anybody else that can confirm that? Don't wanna buy something i've already got!

Reaction score
I just got one out of a rolled KJ tonight! It was soaked inside and out. I was only really hoping to get the pigtail, but when I dried the whole unit out and hooked it up, it friggen worked! So, now I have an OTIS in my 03 Sport... and it was FREE!!

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An OTIS is an older version of the overhead computer that is an option on our liberties. The EVIC is the newer version. You can take a look at the article in the how-to section for more info about what they are, and what they do.

-Blu

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more so than Older/newer it's about what it does.

An OTIS is a display only model. an EVIC can actually control the computer to set various option.

I just recently got my EVIC from an '02 Chrysler 300M from LKQ on eBay for $101

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how did that go? LKQ never includes the bracket or pigtail with harness. I have emailed them about numerous EVICs they listed asking if they included the harness and every time they say no. I have yet to buy an EVIC because I am not convinced I could get the harness or bracket elsewhere or rig it to work without them.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Gris said:
more so than Older/newer it's about what it does.

An OTIS is a display only model. an EVIC can actually control the computer to set various option.

I just recently got my EVIC from an '02 Chrysler 300M from LKQ on eBay for $101
Geez... I can't remember what I paid for my EVIC from LKQ, but it darn sure wasn't $101... $25? maybe.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install went fine titan. The bracket is in my '02. It's the same bracket used to hold the normal map light. It did not come with the EVIC. The pigtail was included with about 6" of wire.

I'm not sure how to overcome the lack of a bracket, but rumors were floating around that a floppy drive power plug will fit, so I tested it for S&Gs. It fits perfectly and I can;t see why it wouldn't work since such a low current is going across it to the EVIC.

As far as the price of the thing Marlon...

It's an EVIC fom an '02 300M, it has Homelink, it has 5-tire TPMS, It has instant MPG. To me it's the perfect EVIC and I've never seen one go on ebay for less than $100 and usually closer to $150. I'm happy with it. The super EVICs are few and far between.

It's got the instant MPG that was disconintued in '03, it's got the 5-tire TPMS that didn't start until later in '02. Because it came from another '02 vehicle there was absolutely no doubt that the temp would work which is a problem when EVIC are used across different years.

well worth the $100 to me.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, maybe I misrepresented myself. Or maybe I am confused about what I actually need with an EVIC. By bracket I understood that you needed some kind of plate on the back that looks to be made out of plastic. Then in addition to that you need the wire and harness. Now all the ones I am seeing have the wire cut off at 6 inches or so. Is THAT where I am supposed to thread a floppy drive power harness? I thought that if you were lucky enough to get a full pigtail, there was a connector on the end that went up under the headliner. Otherwise you would need to solder an extension and run it down the A-Pillar and solder into your wiring. Is anyone getting away with not having to splice into this?

Someone please decipher, por favor ;)

So is it possible or advisable to install the EVIC without that mounting bracket? This is going into an 06 Limited so I am going to be chasing down a post-04.

edit: This bracket thing

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Titan, the bracket you linked won't fit the KJ...the first evic i got was from a GC, and it came with the same bracket, so unfortunately i'm speaking from experience. The bracket for the KJ isn't very expensive, its part number 5072348AA and you can get it from the dealer for about $25.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that helps a LOT. Thanks so much. I was just using that picture as a reference to illustrate what a bracket looked like, not being Cherokee or Liberty specific, but yeah, I probably would have gone and ordered one or the other without knowing any better when the time came had you not said something.

Only issue... according to the electronic catalog that part is only for 02-05. It could be the description was never updated or it may really only be for up to an 05.

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
5072348AA $23.25 $0.00 $17.44
Console - Overhead console - Console assy - Retainer
Retainer 2002 - 2005

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
Then in addition to that you need the wire and harness. Now all the ones I am seeing have the wire cut off at 6 inches or so. Is THAT where I am supposed to thread a floppy drive power harness? I thought that if you were lucky enough to get a full pigtail, there was a connector on the end that went up under the headliner. Otherwise you would need to solder an extension and run it down the A-Pillar and solder into your wiring. Is anyone getting away with not having to splice into this?

Someone please decipher, por favor ;)

edit: This bracket thing

I personally have not seen a full wiring harness anywhere, unless you're lucky and find a libby at a salvage yard or something. I got my pigtail from a u pull it yard, as the plug for the evic and otis in chrysler vehicles for that style evic/otis are all the same. I spliced my wires into the pigtail, ran them down the a pillar, and spliced them according to the article linked earlier in the post. It really wasn't that bad, and I'm not a handyman by any means. I believe you would need an evic from an 04 or newer if you want to have the temperature function on the unit.