Nth Degree poll for lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
desertkj, sorry for including you and the other person in the copy and paste email I posted, that was sent to me. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with voting more than once IF their website allows it. It is their fault for having a substandard voting system online. When you read that email, you can see that they don't take much from the voting anyways. They only want to let the visitors feel like they are a part of the decision making. The one thing we apparently did do by all of the voting is get a little itty bitty attention to the KJ. It wouldn't have mattered, though, if we had every single KJ owner in the world vote once, we were still not going to win first place and get the lift.

Hey tokyojoe, I didnt mean to pass any blame towards you for that e-mail, I just thought it was bad business etiquette for a company to talk negatively about one potential customer in a private conversation with another.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kjpilot said:
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with voting more than once IF their website allows it. It is their fault for having a substandard voting system online.

:-({|=

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's RIGHT to do something. If I leave my doors unlocked, is it o.k. for someone to take my iPod? If that person is caught, can he claim that it was my fault for leaving my doors unlocked?

They asked for honesty, that should be enough. In fact, it should be more than enough; one should not have to be asked to be honest! Logically, a poll is of no use if one person votes more than once. Anyone here going to buy 1000 Nth degree lift kits?!?!

I'll get off my soap box long enough to share an e-mail I got from All J.

Hi Dennis,
Yes, we are working on something with Nth Degree. We have a SFA lift kit that is in mind (Long Arm for a KJ). The kit will likely cost somewhere in the 7K range and to install it would be about in the 3K range -- so 10k for the SFA long arm Nth Degree kit for a KJ is about what it looks like.

We were checking to see if a IFS Nth Lift kit was do-able...but I don't think that's going to happen with Nth Degree -- since they're kits and their expertise is with the SFA vehicles. This is why converting a KJ to a SFA first and then putting a Nth Degree long arm on the KJ would be something that both Nth and All J Products would consider doing together.

If you need more info, please let me know. Hopefully we can help you show up your brother-in-law's XJ in the future! (PS: We will be converting a KJ in our shop the first week of Feb -- SFA, Nth Degree, etc). Look for the photos and posts on the lostkjs.com forum within the next couple of weeks..... :)

Wouldn't want your iPod. You are comparing a crime with a meaningless poll.

Mainly just venting people....another hope was raised, then dashed and smashed into the dirt.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:

Mainly just venting people....another hope was raised, then dashed and smashed into the dirt.

Hmmm, notice I didn't say "...if Tokyo Joe took my iPod..." The point is the same, whether it's a felony or a simple lie- Honesty is honesty.

If you read all of what you quoted, you saw that Nth Degree & All J are nearing completion of a lift kit for the KJ... so which hope was smashed and/or dashed?

Perhaps, maybe the poll wasn't a poll at all, but rather a way to pique the interest of the KJ community? Hmmmm :-k

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kjpilot said:
Tokyojoe1965 said:

Hmmm, notice I didn't say "...if Tokyo Joe took my iPod..." The point is the same, whether it's a felony or a simple lie- Honesty is honesty.

Notice no one is arguing with you and you are doing nothing other than calling others out for their opinions. I think you're overreacting a little much...

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kjpilot said:
Tokyojoe1965 said:

If you read all of what you quoted, you saw that Nth Degree & All J are nearing completion of a lift kit for the KJ... so which hope was smashed and/or dashed?

Perhaps, maybe the poll wasn't a poll at all, but rather a way to pique the interest of the KJ community? Hmmmm :-k

So, you never ever lie? Not even an itty bitty white lie? A lie is a lie and lying is wrong.

There seems to be some serious difference in prices you got and I got. So far, a poll on another KJ site, clearly shows the majority of people want an IFS lift over a SFA lift. That was with a price estimate of $1500-$2500 for a IFS compared to a $3500-$5000 SFA kit. I wonder how the huge price increase for the SFA would change the voting for the small number that did vote SFA. Nth Degree claims that there are way too many small lifts out there. Maybe, but they are 2.5-3." Is a 4" lift a small lift? Are there ANY commercially-made 4" lifts out there for the KJ? NOT ONE! Untapped market. If Nth Degree wants to focus on SFA, so be it. Good luck to them and their sale of it.

If you can afford $10,000 for a lift more power to you, but I am willing to bet, the majority of KJ owners would never spend that much to convert a KJ to SFA. The numbers will be small. If the cost of an IFS 4" lift cost half that, I would bet sales would be many times more than the SFA kit.

That is my opinion and is not done through scientific research nor have little green Jeep owners coerced me into making those statements.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree. Unless I win the lottery and end up inventing some wildly successful product, I will never shell out $10K for a single modification to any vehicle.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
I definitely agree. Unless I win the lottery and end up inventing some wildly successful product, I will never shell out $10K for a single modification to any vehicle.

Thats how i feel. I cant even really fork out the 500 for a 2.5 inch lift.. not sure if id want to anymore though... college *****!