No AC light and no blower function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesbarnes808

Reaction score
The AC light and blower is not working on our 2006 2.8 CRD Liberty, anybody experienced this and have a suggestion? UK owner, service experience and parts becoming hard to come across.
I have no mechanical ability outside of what can be learned from Youtube.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try fuse 24 I'm the internal box. I'm in the UK too, if you look online most parts are still available.

You must be registered for see images attach

jamesbarnes808

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, I have tried that this morning. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked, any others ideas that might help?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can download the 2006 KJ Service Manual here....Section 8 W has the Wiring Diagrams!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

The newer KJs have a problem with the Cable Harness next to the Battery having damage inside the harness due to the Cable Harness being strained in that area!

You need to open up that area of harness and look for cable breaks or wires shorting to chassis or to other wires. ;)

jamesbarnes808

Reaction score
Blower? (could also mean interior fan speed control) ??
Check each fuse with a Volt ohm meter, continuity test.
I just want to make sure it is not the blower motor resistor.
https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/blower-motor-resistor-upgrade-for-kj.65152/
thanks for your reply, yes i mean the interior fan.
I think it might be the heater A/C Control unit, because nothing works, the fan, the AC button, the rear window defogger, the panel lamps, nor the change of direction for the fan. and looking on the wiring diagram (thanks to Billwill for the link) it seems the motor blower and the AC button are only linked by the control unit.
then again this is the first wiring diagram Ive ever looked at so I am not sure.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As above, check all the fuses, sometimes they have more functions than the label mentions, don't just eyeball them, if possible check them with a meter, sometimes it's hard to see a blown one, beyond that it's multimeter time in the controls.

jamesbarnes808

Reaction score
As above, check all the fuses, sometimes they have more functions than the label mentions, don't just eyeball them, if possible check them with a meter, sometimes it's hard to see a blown one, beyond that it's multimeter time in the controls.
Hey, I checked all the fuses and relays,
all if them were showing as ok with a meter.

when you say "Multimeter time in the controls", do you mean remove the control module from the centre dash bezel and check each connection? any tips on how to do that? When I tried to remove it I heard the hissing noise from the vacuum cables and panicked and just put it back. So I haven't had a chance to check it.
after checking the service manual, it says to disconnect the battery before doing this. is there any issue with disconnecting the battery for a few days? and any issues removing vacuum cables in general?

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my battery disconnected for a week last year and had no problems getting back in action.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something has failed if you have lost all the power to that panel, unfortunately to find out what is wrong you need to see where the supply stops, I would start in the fuse and relays, see if you have a supply there, then move through the circuit testing as you go.

jamesbarnes808

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.