Newbie with a question and a hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D2LIBBY

Reaction score
Hi all!! Been researching quite a bit and finally bought an '05 Liberty Limited with the CRD engine... So far I'm VERY pleased with everything about it and the diesel engine just ads to it!! I never realized what a great little vehicle these were untill recently when I began searching for something like this and only wished I had done it sooner!! ;) Anyhow....I've got a problem that I've seen discussed but only a little.... everything works perfectly with the exception of my heater control.... the selector for switching between the different vent positions as well as the fan speed selector work fine...but I only get "cold" air from whatever setting i choose... there's no difference at all between the coldest setting and the hottest setting. I've checked the obvious....coolant is full, engine reaches normal temp, etc.... I've read that the actual control of the blend door is done with an electrical stepper motor attached to the heater core box... is there a proper diagnostic flow chart so I can verify if it's a problem with the blend door motor or the selector switch....or anything else for that matter?? Can diagnosis be done WITHOUT using some sort of scantool?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Tom

Members online

No members online now.