New to forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woody4

Reaction score
I found this forum by accident while looking for Liberty parts. Things I have learned, so far: Where My Owner's manual was (after I bought one on ebay), where the magnet was for the TPM, how to stop the squeek/rattle in the rear gate, how to install the CD changer in the back, look out for ball joint problems ETC,ETC. I'm having a ball reading past posts. I have driven Cherokees at work since they first came out, but I didn't buy one untill My Son went to College (used 99 SE) in the Adirondacks near Lake Placid (feet of snow, below zero). That lasted 2 yrs, He got T-boned at an intersection, totaled, He walked away with a sore shoulder,Thank God. Replaced that with a used 00 Cherokee Sport, 140k still going strong. Got a used 00 Cherokee Limited for My Daughter, She goes to College in Scranton, PA (again, Mts, snow, cold) 115k (Daddy, I feel so safe and secure in the Cherokee!). The Wife has 1 more yr of Nursing school left, and her van was getting pretty tired, so we went looking. I almost went for a Hyundai Tuson (10 yr warranty). I went back to the Guy I bought all the other Jeeps from. He had a 04 Liberty Sport, price was right, mileage great, but it didn't have cruise control or Selec-Trac. We both use cruise on the highway, and I wanted full time 4WD for her. I saw an Ad from a Ford dealer (of all places!) for a 04 Liberty Limited, She drove it and FELL IN LOVE! You know the rest of the story, I did get a good price, it is loaded, Nav, Leather, Moon roof, Running boards/rails etc. Its not for crawling, or mudding, its HERS! She's happy! There's a couple of things I want to get, #1 the CD Changer. little things mostly cosmetics. Did I mention She's Happy? So when everyone else is done with College, I'll get my Grand Cherokee, or my Commander, or mabe the new Patriot, or my own Liberty!

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Woody. I am pretty new here too and found it the same way.

I don't know how spendy that rear CD changer is but I want to tell you I am very happy with my in-dash 6 CD OEM and I do like having all the stoage space I can find. So unless there is something special about that rear CD unit way back in the back you might want to check out EBAY or something to see if you can find a nearly new take out where someone upgraded. You will find them here and on LOSTKJ from other members forsale too.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard woody!! Glad you like all of your jeeps! I cannot see how you can afford gas with all of them though.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Woody and welcome................ and that windstar looks out of place in your signature amongst all those Jeeps.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woody... welcome, and glad to hear that you've found help here. That's a nice Jeep collection you have! Glad that you didn't end up getting the Hyundai Tuson.
(Cheers)

I can see someday myself getting a Grand Cherokee or even a Commander... to get that Hemi, or a diesel (when available).

Be sure to post your story here if you want.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=361

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a circular of Jeep KJ Country posts on construction site walls or telephone polls that I am not aware of? Suddenly, surge of NYers..

Welcome aboard!

Woody4

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I was interested in the CD changer because I have the Nav head unit. My commute is only 9 miles round trip, but I still go to NJ (10 miles) for gas - 34 cents/gal cheeper, & the Kids pay for their own. I have to wring a few more miles out of the Windstar, BUT there is a lonely Willys Station Wagon a couple of blocks away that calls My name each time I pass.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woody4 said:
I have to wring a few more miles out of the Windstar, BUT there is a lonely Willys Station Wagon a couple of blocks away that calls My name each time I pass.
OOhhhh, you could make such a nice off-roader with that one \:D/

Welcome aboard Woody.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Welcome woody!

3 Jeeps and a Windstar.....And to balance out the Jeep family you need to get a KJ to go along with your wife's \:D/