New Tires for New Jeep Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first jeep, a 2006 liberty 4wd gas engine, and by the look of it I'm going to need new tires soon. In all my previous cars I would just go to any tire place and get the cheapest tires that fit my car, but I want the jeep to get some better treatment than that.

I live on a small island with lots of hills, this car will probably never go over 50mph, and will be doing occasional of roading on pretty steep hills to visit a few of my favorite beaches.

My question is, without going completely crazy and staying on a decent budget, should I be looking into specialty tires? I'm not looking for a lift, just a reasonable and responsible replacement for the tires that came on the car. And no, I don't know what's on there now but I bought it from a rental agency so I'm sure they're nothing fancy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

badkittystt

Moab

Reaction score
I'm been using the General Grabber AT2's with gret results. They handle very well on and offroad. And they are not that expensive. They come in 3 different load ranges depending on the size.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any good A/T will work. General Grabbers-AT 2 should work for your usage like Moab said.

Dave