New Liberty 4cyl. Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

auburn4193

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned my 03 Liberty for over a week now. It's a rare 2.4 engine/ 5 speed 4x4 liberty. At least I think its rare because I have seen hundreds of libertys but never a four cylinder. My last vehicle was a 2000 cherokee with the bulletproof 4.0 engine. Is there any 2.4 liberty owners on here?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Auburn, you've got a pretty uncommon combination there. The 2.4 is a decent engine though, so don't worry. Only thing that's lacking is power.

Welcome to the site!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
There is at least one 2.4L owner on here.

But that is quite a rare combination.

Collectors item maybe? OK maybe not but either way, welcome. :)

auburn4193

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is definately lacking power. But with epa est. 20 city 24 hwy it was an improvement over my Cherokee. I can post pics of the engine if anyone would like.

auburn4193

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does haha, I have yet to fill it up completely and reset the trip odo but I will borrow a buddys scanguage and see what it reads. I did drive a 08 jeep patriot for a few months and got 23 city in it by driving it like it was a v8.. it was fwd cvt trans with a 2.4 engine

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome auburn. You got a rare engine/****** combo there. They built them from 02-05 and then after that the 3.7L was the only engine. I saw one when they first came out in 02 and havn't seen one since. You got 4:11 gears.

I too am curious what you get for fuel economy. I know none of us bought our jeeps for that, but I am curious anyway.

Dave

auburn4193

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics2.gif

Pics!!!! We all like pics! I'd like to see the little 2.4 ******.

Here are some, I couldn't get til it was dark.

You must be registered for see images attach

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and to gain a little of that lacking power maybe throw in a nice intake and exhaust set-up!
How is the actual power out of the 2.4?

auburn4193

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it is great for driving around town.. on the highway 4th is fine for passing and 3rd if you really need the get up. ^^ PT cruiser turbo.. nah I'd rather have a swap from a srt-4 :). I also tried looking for an intake, KN doesn't make one. I'm afraid to put a exhaust on it because I don't want it to sound like a buzz bomb honda. I am interested in an intake.