need wireing for hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed a Hidden Hitch and used this harness. Pretty easy install. You need to pop of your taillight lenses, but it's a simple "plug-n-play" install. Good luck!

http://www.hitchmart.com/$spindb.query.access-2.hitchview.16382

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plz do not get the ones that plug into the tail lights, the one me and Bluphant used is much, much better, alittle bit harder to install. Got mine from etrailer.com

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plz do not get the ones that plug into the tail lights, the one me and Bluphant used is much, much better, alittle bit harder to install. Got mine from etrailer.com

Much, much better? I'd be interested in why you make that claim. My install was painless, the lights work great, the price was fair, and the harness kit itself was top-notch including the instructions. Where did I go wrong? :-k

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the majority of the public out there, ur version of the harness will work. But if ur into towing alot of things, (boats, trailers with lights and different things) the harness i used is nice b/c it separates the power from the jeeps wiring, u run a + wire all the way to the battery and it has its own fuse. If u need to charge batteries on a boat, run lights on the inside of a box trailer, this is much better than the harness that plugs into the tail lights. Its good for trailers with electric brakes also b/c they usually need there own power source and its there with my harness.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I occasionally pull a motorcycle/ATV trailer. No trailer brakes or batteries to deal with. Sounds like the harness I used is OK for my application.

Latest posts

Members online