Mopar Tail Lamp Guards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have the Mopar Tail Lamp Guards, how have you been able to secure these on as the double-sided tape adhesive *****?

Has anybody used silicone to secure them?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
liberator said:
For those of you who have the Mopar Tail Lamp Guards, how have you been able to secure these on as the double-sided tape adhesive *****?

Has anybody used silicone to secure them?

I made a huge mistake when one of mine came off on one side...... I used JB WELD.... and of course it didn't hold it because it was cold outside. Now I have residue on my lense and a bit on the paint. I had no idea how to remove it. So I bought AVS and covered it up.. 8-[

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just installed some on my kj.. the 3m tape that came on there already was peeled off so i scraped and peeled the rest of it off went to autozone and bought my own roll of 3m tape i went all the way aorund it and put some in the middle of it also and then stuck it on.. It is absolutly fine now ive been threw car washs, powerwashed it and i have never had a problem.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only reason I haven't put mine on yet, because of how cold it's been...

I was hoping that they were going to mount using the screws that hold the taillights in, but that's not the case, at least not with the plastic ones.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
I was hoping that they were going to mount using the screws that hold the taillights in, but that's not the case, at least not with the plastic ones.

that's what I was hoping, but those screw ones are the metal ones and they are attached by a weirdo velcro on the other end, looks so ugly, you have no idea.,.,

and then there is another one, which looks soo much like the plpastic but much flatter, they are better.

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M Tape?

I see that some of the newer model KJ's (I think 06+) have a more secure epoxy and more robust tail light guard that is rock solid that does not use the same crappy foam tape I have but some kinda glue.

Maybe because these are from the factory installed vs after delivery add on.

Manik made some metal ones which I think screwed on but they were pricey for me... kinda regret it now..