Manual trans question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as for the flywheel just be aware the flywheel is not flat, it's concave - at least, it's supposed to be

and for 200 dollars cheaper than mopar i don't know if Luk's flywheel is properly concave and it takes 3-7kmi for it to really jump up and tell you how wrong Luc got it, if that indeed turns out to be the case

as for the clutch itself, i havent heard anything negative about luk's clutches on the KJ's, just make sure to get an SKF throwout bearing , the throwout bearing that comes with that luk clutch is plastic *meh*

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your bell housing grew a beard. tell it to shave already. November is almost over.
and if there's that much material sticking out, you can only imagine what's bound up inside.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your bell housing grew a beard. tell it to shave already. November is almost over.
and if there's that much material sticking out, you can only imagine what's bound up inside.

Yeah...I am getting my hands on the complete kit today and will hopefully have this thing opened up by tomorrow. One nice thing is that this job was cause to get a new toy! Went to HF and picked up one of those snazzy trans scissor jacks. I saw a thread where a member posted info about his clutch job and he dropped the trans with the transfer case still attached. That makes the job a littler easier so at least I have that to look forward to!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I did too, bought a HF trans jack. It'll probably sit for years collecting dust though. I dropped the whole transmission/case as one, just be sure to chain it down well to the jack. Being lifted, I didn't need to raise the Jeep at all to work on the clutch, just rolled the trans back out of the way. I would have needed to raise the Jeep if I wanted to slide the trans out from under, but that wasn't necessary.