Maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty Titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous post on mileage reminded me that I have been meaning to ask this. What should we be looking to do as our Libby's get up there in mileage? Things like how many miles are our spark plugs good for? When will our fuel filter become an issue?

I have aprox. 75k on mine.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Speaking of sparks I just put new ones in after 40k miles... and boy I think it did make a little difference in my mpg. Put in the bosche platnium 4 electrode units. The old spark plugs were clean, but the spark gaps were way off- So I ended up replacing them.

Where is the fuel filter? anybody ever change one?

Bennett

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know where the fuel filter is on a gas KJ (most likely along the frame somewhere......just follow the fuel lines from the tank to the motor you'll find it) but the should be changed every 15,000mi for best performance, letting a fuel filter go alot of miles will put strain on the fuel pump and will eventully cause its faliure.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's right near the tank, just behind the axle. I heard once, and do not believe it, that the fuel filter never had to be changed. [-X