Mac Mini Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
It's funny you mention this, because I was reading intel is coming out with one for us PC users.

But wow that is a nice install.

Neat idea.

nate5238

Reaction score
I dont know if this is just me, but that ipod mounting location is a seemingly bad location. It seems with most the other ipods on the site that they are mounted in more accesible locations? What are some of your ideas where to mount it?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yeh, i wouldve mounted it somwhere else. not a very good spot..and it seems like it's just the dock thats holding the ipod..not very stable

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it should be in there so the iPod slides down the back side and has a couple of side rails for guides. I can see my wife breaking that trying to jam an iPod on it without being carefull about it...

It does look like a nice install through. I guess if it's going to go in there you also need to make sure it can be completely controlled by the exisiting head unit. I'd hate to have a nice install like that and then have a remote control cord hanging out of the console.

CoasterG

Reaction score
The location for that ipod install is pretty bad, lose a lot of storage space in the center console.

IMO, better spot is the book compartment above the glovebox - fits an ipod plus some paperwork perfectly. If I can find an Alpine iPod adapter locally this week I'll be doing the install there and will get photos up.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed that center console spot is not a great one

CoasterG and others, would love to see more install photos from anyone who has done an ipod or car pc install