Looking for jeepers for a local expedition trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for 1-2 “equipped” jeeps and jeepers for an expedition trip
The trip will be in late august To Maine from Boston area:
The goal will be to drive to The Eagle Lake & West Branch Railroad.
There are 2 well equipped jeeps going already :
Ones an 06 Rubicon unlimited with a lift and winch, on-board air and equipment needed for trail repairs.
The owners a friend and has been a mechanic for 15-20 years
My jeep’s an 05 liberty with a 3 inch lift 2/65 75 16 mts, full skids/recovery points.
A winch and roof top baskets are being added along with all the needed equipment for an extended trip. (My jeep will be the pack mule)
We both have many years of wheeling experience and have had 20-30 plus jeeps between the 2 of us. He’s been a member of Deep Woods Extreme for at least 10 years and I was a member for 5 years.
Our most recent trip was cross country from San Diego to Moab Utah, Colorado and then back to mass in my liberty.
So basically I’m looking for someone that likes wheeling, hiking possibly kayaking, it’s probably a good Idea to be in good physical shape (we’re expecting to be hiking with packs). with a good set of wheels, that’s easy going and looking for an expedition trip.
I’ve got a Photographer lined up as a passenger that will be doing a photo shoot and Boston based web blog about the trip and I will be doing a write up as well.
Here’s some basic info if you’re interested and can take off 4 days from work for the trip let me know I’d like to get this rolling!!!
ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU LIKE, we have been looking to do this trip for 4-5 years now!
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/Trains2000.html
http://www.state.me.us/doc/parks/programs/history/allagash/rr.htm

KJNJJeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely interested. I guess I have to dig up the backpack. I do not have a lift but I have full skids and tow points. Is that going to be a problem?

zone zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great

I dont see it being a problem with that , a full size spare tire and straps. and something better than street tires would probably be a good idea.

Just keep in mind that the last town to get gas in is something like 300 miles from the trains so you need to be prepared to bring extra fuel. thats the only reason I'm building a roof top rack and its a big one. we're each carring 5 cans of gas with us around 25 extra gals each . and water. Im waiting to hear from a contact up there to see how much of its drivable.
How much should we expect to hike or kyak , I have maps and from the looks of it its mostly old logging roads, but we've never scouted it out. there is an amount of unknown here but thats the fun for us.

Like I said Im open to sugjestions and I dont know what to expect I know it will be fun though

KJNJJeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25 gallons shouldn't be a problem. I got mudders so gas milage is horrible. I will have to get a "dead animal carrier" and some gas cans. Sounds like a fun trip!