Limiting turning radius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElecTape

Reaction score
Ok so I know on the TJ's that there was a bolt on the Spindle that I could add a washer too, which would limit the turn in of the wheel. To eliminate rubbing.

Does this exist on the KJ spindle or somewhere else?

Just got the suspension finalized and had it aligned with some new tires wound up with 245/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs.

I get a bit of rub when backing up to the passenger (Steering wheel to right) front drivers tire on sway bar. However this doesn't seem to happen when going forward.

On another note, I'm thinking something is odd with the alignment.
  • Drives good at speed no noises.
  • When turning at speed it seems a little touchy (fast reacting).
  • Seems like a touch of bumpsteer.
  • Looks like there is a bit of Positive Camber on front.
Also this seemed odd to me but I could of sworn that I thought I could see the camber slightly change from slightly positive to slightly negative when my buddy backed it up a bit and it change reverse when he drove it forward a bit. (Was I seeing something, is this normal) Never remember noticing that on anything else.

Either way I think I'm gonna run it back over to the shop and just have them double check.

Front has ARB 2927 Springs, new Upper & Lower control arms, bushings, ball joints, bumpstops. everything replaced except tie rod ends. I did space the clevis mount about 3/8-1/2" down from the bottom of the shock to help level it out. Both sides are even 22 1/4 inch I believe from bottom of fender flare to center of wheel on ground.

Thanks for any feedback.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There should be no rub on the sway bar going in either direction
If there is movement then something is loose in the front end
Did they get the alignment into spec ?
Did they actually know what they were doing when alignment was done?
There are a lot of so called alignment techs out there that if anything is just a bit difference they are lost

What did you use in the rear to lift? OME 948s ?
Did you just use the stock UCAs in front ?

ElecTape

Reaction score
What did you use in the rear to lift? OME 948s ?
Did you just use the stock UCAs in front ?

Yes, and Yes installed new OEM Replacement UCA's with all new bushings and Ball Joints. Set the bushing tension on the UCA and LCA once the weight was on the ground.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock tires rubbed on my sway bar before putting the moabs on. Always kept a shiny spot on the sway bar, didnt hurt anything though.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no adjustment for the steering limit. The only thing you can do IF you actually want to limit the steering angle is to build up some weld at the limit contact point on the knuckle/spindle or lower control arm. I did this when I got new tires after purchasing the Jeep, BUT only because it's been in several accidents prior and wasn't repaired correctly, so things are out of spec.

ElecTape

Reaction score
Well Thanks for all the help. Come to find out they forgot to tighten some stuff down and the sales lady didn't know it wasn't done when it was let go.

Luckily nothing happened, and I caught it was odd immediately.

All fixed and no rub and she drives beautifully!