lift kit maintainace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ2005

Reaction score
I see alot of cool pics with the 2.5" lift and am wondering how well the stock suspension and drivetrain is holding up on the liberty w/ the IFS. I'm looking to get a lift kit one day but the jeep is also my daily driver

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a DD, too. So far, the Rusty's kit is holding up very well. The OTT kit had already blown out the struts in the same amount of miles. I'd say as long as you lift it correctly, you won't have any trouble. Just make sure you retorque everything a couple weeks after you install the lift... after everything has settled, more or less.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started running my 2" RevTek lift just as our best off-roading season was coming to a close. I wanted to see how the suspension and drivetrain parts would hold up prior to flexing it. All is still straight as an arrow on the road with over 6 months daily driving. Even swapped the original tires in once to have the lower ball joints & torque converter changed by the dealer (recall work).

I haven't installed the body protection yet, so it will be a couple of months until it sees a serious trail.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running a lift since 2005 and had a great experience with it. I have the 2" BDS coil lift and ended up blowing my front struts (OEM). I replaced the fronts and rears with popular Rancho struts/shocks. My vehicle is the DD and I typically drive 250-350 miles per week.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill b getting a 2.5 inch daystar lift next week are yall saying my struts and shocks are going to die early? i dont trust the coilover jobs heard too many bad things cvboots ect the list goes on... or am i doomed to all that no matter what lift i get?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well good thing no one commented here, b/c i will not be getting the daystar lift afterall, upgraded to franken lift, which was recently shortened to a 2.25" lift in the front, so less worried about problems w/ lifting too high.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like crd only, from what i can read from the all j site. may be worth a call. suppose one could put a crd vers on the gasser ?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like crd only, from what i can read from the all j site. may be worth a call. suppose one could put a crd vers on the gasser ?

I'd think that you could, but the springs may be a little harsh. CRD front end weighs a whole lot more and requires different springs.