liberty crd - More Power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelmet

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody know how to get more power out of the Jeep Liberty CRD?? :-k

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, why would you want to do that? Mine already goes everywhere I point it, up to and exceeding it's design ratings.
Than there is the warranty, they are REAL picky about this engine in that department. It already puts out more torque per liter displacement than the big 3 trucks, do a little research, this is not your grandpas diesel engine.

shelmet

Reaction score
Because I need moo power baby. 8-[

I want to beat all those hondas out there. I know that if just a few more horses were added it be really fast!

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to out run the Hondas, your going to have to figure how to remove about a ton of weight. Starting with a heavy rig isn't the best starting point.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
CRD4Liberty said:
If your going to out run the Hondas, your going to have to figure how to remove about a ton of weight. Starting with a heavy rig isn't the best starting point.

I'm sure he can start by dumping the spare, removing the rear seat, exhaust, ooh, and carpeting & soundproofing.

\:D/

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure somebody Banks, Bullydog, Superchips (stay away from jetchips) makes something

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glaurick said:
I'm sure somebody Banks, Bullydog, Superchips (stay away from jetchips) makes something

Yea, they do.. Not to sure which one it is though..

Just b/c the libby weighs alot, doesnt mean that it must be slow.

Kyliberty has one fast libby.. You can get a shift kit since you have the 45rfe ****** and can also get a better torque converter. Get whatever programmer is offered for the CRD and you would be ALOT quicker than you are now.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual gearchanges for racing, esp with the long distances between gears, and the lag of the turbocharger gives slight problems... Other than that its great car/truck for driving, and for some powerful overtaking (and racing even if you really want to) it's perfect...

But for racing hondas, as CRD4Liberty said its really not the right vehicle...

EDITED...

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glaurick said:
ENBr said:
But for racing hondas, as CRD4Liberty its really not the right vehicle...

Depends on which ones, I dusted a 5 speed Civic last night

Was he racing you? If yes - good on you: one up for the KJ crew!

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
intake , exhaust , boost controller , piggyback , bigger turbo look for a big 16g thats the same turbo found on the evo , also they might not make a managment system for the libb so you can go with the mega squirt and program it your self.. just make sure that your internals and drivetrain can handle more power to begin with i dunno just food for thought

shelmet

Reaction score
Trailjammer is the answer

Well I recently tried a module from edgeproducts called the Trailjammer, for the jeep liberty crd. It works great!!!! Wow! you guys would not believe the extra power it gives the Jeep. I even felt a huge difference while going up hills. I havn't tried towing with it yet but I bet it'll do good. Anyway it was worth every penny!! =D>
If you guys are looking for alot of extra power off of the line this has it. Also I can put the power setting back to stock by just flicking a switch inside the cab. Well enough babbeling for now....

http://www.edgeproducts.com/categories.php?p_cat=13&cname=Trail+Jammer