kj nj style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got bored this morning so i drew a picture

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your kj, i know you have ironman lift, but what size tires are in the picture?

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Dave

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your kj, i know you have ironman lift, but what size tires are in the picture?

Just stock 235/70/16 for now. Ill probly go up to 245's once i save some cash up. The tread on them are fine but the weight rating is a few hundred pounds shy of my kj's weight so it almost impossible to keep the tires inflated properly

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It dont look bad with the 235 on it, im planning on doing 245/70/16 on my daily driver with a basic ironman lift.

Btw, silver is the best color

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It dont look bad with the 235 on it, im planning on doing 245/70/16 on my daily driver with a basic ironman lift.

Btw, silver is the best color

I agree! I really lucked out with the jeep. I was driving a vw passat before this and it was in need of some pretty pricey parts and the things i wanted to do was worth more then the whole car. Vw's also have uca with factory pressed ball joints and for a full good set of contol arms it would set me back about $800. And the franken turbo i wanted was $1200 plus it would be a pain in the ass to install. So i got the jeep shipped to me from texas, sold the vw(loved that car) and bought my lift, uca's and lower ball joints. Next up is tires (maybe wheels) and im guna custom fab a front bumper with a wrangler bumper as soon as it gets a little warmer.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some snow only a half inch but i managed to get to work going sideways mots of the way there lol. And NOAA is calling for another 6"-12" friday night.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got some snow only a half inch but i managed to get to work going sideways mots of the way there lol. And NOAA is calling for another 6"-12" friday night.

Great looking Jeep NJ! Can't wait to see ours side to side :happy107:. And 6"-12"? That'll be fun to drive/wheel in :party36:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What'd you use for the fender flares and bumpers? Bedlined them?

Yea i used the dupicolor with kevlar spray. It goes on pretty nice and is tough as nails. Best part about it is of it does chip off yoy can just do touch ups without worrying about the finish not matching i just sprayed a set of aux lights with it to mount to my bumper since im going to cut the factory fogs out. Ill post some pics when they dry

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. How many cans of it did you need?

I think i used 2 1/2. It goes a long way. if you do it just make sure you hold the can at least a foot away when spraying, more would be better. It goes on pretty spotty at first so do a few light coats so it doesnt start to run

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the tip. If I ever get around to doing it I'll be waiting for some warmer weather

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the tip. If I ever get around to doing it I'll be waiting for some warmer weather

Yea no way you could paint anything in this cold. Itll come out good, i like it better then the dull grey.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I hear you on that the dull gray looks terrible. I'm also going to plasti dip my emblems and maybe even my wheels when it gets warmer out. You bedlined the grill too right?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I hear you on that the dull gray looks terrible. I'm also going to plasti dip my emblems and maybe even my wheels when it gets warmer out. You bedlined the grill too right?

No that i painted with satin black paint/primer combo. Sanded it down to bare plastic then sprayed it. I think i did like 6 coats, if your guna paint you might as well do it right so it comes out good and stands up to some abuse. I plasti diped my wheels too, that stuff is great. Didnt even have to tape off the tires. Once it dries it peels right off the rubber. As for the emblems i have yet to get it to come out good. Ive tried 3 times and it always peels up when i remove the tape. Ive tried gently scoring all the edges with a hobby knife and it still peels. Im pretty good at painting if you want some help lemme know

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that i painted with satin black paint/primer combo. Sanded it down to bare plastic then sprayed it. I think i did like 6 coats, if your guna paint you might as well do it right so it comes out good and stands up to some abuse. I plasti diped my wheels too, that stuff is great. Didnt even have to tape off the tires. Once it dries it peels right off the rubber. As for the emblems i have yet to get it to come out good. Ive tried 3 times and it always peels up when i remove the tape. Ive tried gently scoring all the edges with a hobby knife and it still peels. Im pretty good at painting if you want some help lemme know

That i will. I was thinking of plasti dipping the grill too, you think i would need much prep besides a good cleaning and maybe sanding? And what kind of prep did you do before you belined the fender flares and bumpers?