KJ keeps fending off Grand Cherokee

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doublecardan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been lurking and having a good long test drive with two different Grand Cherokees, 13 and my current a 14, Jeep for some bizarre reason wants to have the flagship look like a Buick Enclave. It may seem strange to compare the two vehicles the 04 Liberty and the 13 GC, but they are not that far apart other than years. The liberty is definitely 'Tougher' as the CG you would not want as the ads show run it off road. At 60k that paint would not last. The Liberty gives a little in the way of room as the CG is bigger but only by a foot or so, side by side the CG is a little wider, where the CG 'appears' to have the edge is in fuel economy. I say appears because although I have the pentastar in both with the 5 speed in the 13 and the 8 speed in the 14, the mileage is not earth shatteringly different. What makes the CG seem good is the large gas tank, 93 liters instead of the 74 in the Liberty. The diesel would probably get good mileage but in Canada to get it its only available in the upmarket versions, the cheapest being 64 large. The US is not much better. Dodge, Ford and GM are terrified of releasing Diesels in their lower lineups as it will canabalize sales of their more Profitable lines.

I think that I will stick with the Liberty, it at least has distinction, the CG looks too much like a Buick Enclave or Pacifica, it has no style what so ever, the only thing the GC would have going for it are the two(three) other engine choices. A V8 GC would go like snot. But with Gas the way it is that would get expensive fast.

Sorry for the long post
KJ