Keep or Remove the rear gate badging?

Keep or remove the rear gate badging?

• Keep the badging?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok................Dealership badge is gone so it should be faster now since it weighs less!!

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While removing dealer badges is definitely a 5-10hp improvement and at least 5% in gas mileage, sometimes you can get the same benefit by adding a badge:

You must be registered for see images

I recommend "TURBO" or "DIESEL" for the CRD owners

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey se7enlc..........that looks really good. How did you do that??

And yea...I got more speed now.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My J of Jeep in the rear started peeling about 3-4 months ago, from distance it looks like it is totally different color while eep is looking good.

Is this under 3/36k warranty?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw an old grand cherokee with 5.8L badge. Looked genuine. It was one of those 96 or older GC's.. Doesn't KJ have very similar chassis to those, so why not put a huge engine into KJ? too much?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Yesterday I saw an old grand cherokee with 5.8L badge. Looked genuine. It was one of those 96 or older GC's.. Doesn't KJ have very similar chassis to those, so why not put a huge engine into KJ? too much?

they were gonna put the 4.6 v8 on it.....(our engine is after all the same cept w/ 2 less cylinders)

they didnt go through w/ it, due to safety issues......at least thats what i read years ago...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
hyedipin said:

they were gonna put the 4.6 v8 on it.....(our engine is after all the same cept w/ 2 less cylinders)

they didnt go through w/ it, due to safety issues......at least thats what i read years ago...

Only 4.6 I know of is the 4.6 in the fords. Maybe you meant 4.7? And yes, it wouldnt pass safety. 8-[

Has nothing to do with the uni-frame, its just the fact that it will not fit.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why did they load 5.8 on those old ones and the new ones are 5.7

plus the tiny sahara wranglers have 4.0, they have smaller hood/ :-k

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the badges, has anyone thought of replacing "Liberty" with "KJ"? You could use K from cherokee and j from Jeep, if its the same typeface...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Then why did they load 5.8 on those old ones and the new ones are 5.7

plus the tiny sahara wranglers have 4.0, they have smaller hood/ :-k

Those wranglers have TONS of room under the hood. Have you ever looked under one?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's people swapping Hemis into wranglers now and it fits perfectly. I'm havent seen under the hood of a JK yet though.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
Dealership badges have to go. On a black KJ, definately debadge, the debadged black ones around here look sharp. Otherwise leave them on.

I share this opinion, dealership everything has to go: badges, liscense plate holder, tire cover etc. Blacked out Window/paint/wheels look hot. IMO if you go with black steel rims/wheels, you need to debadge also to look your best.