Just out with my KJ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help but take a few pics on Saturday and post them. I was over in SD and out in a pasture, not the extreme locations some of you take your KJ to, but in the winter time this site is usually snowmobile access only. Had to go up to the top of a hill to a tower site to do some maintenance for one of the local Ham Radio clubs.

Like i always like to say, its all blue skies and cow manure here, see the cow chips?? LOL

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sure is a new type of mud....:p:D

Mud that burns.. LOL

Makes good, stinky but good, kindling in a pinch. Thankfully none of them at this location were very fresh, nothing like driving through a fresh one and filling the wheel well.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sure is a new type of mud....:p:D

Yeah, "pasture paddies"..........or for us they are "mudd droppings"

So wjkj, now we got 4 distinct kinds of mudd.......haha

kbOnly........nice.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, "pasture paddies"..........or for us they are "mudd droppings"

So wjkj, now we got 4 distinct kinds of mudd.......haha

kbOnly........nice.

Dave

Thanks! I usually have my camera with when i go places so i plan on getting a lot of misc snap shots of the KJ.

Going on vacation up north the end of July for a week, have family up around the Cloquet and Two Harbors area. Lots of nice wooded areas to go for a drive. I also have family over by Superior WI. They own about 40 acres of wooded area with trails for ATV's and 4x4's, so i think i might have to get the KJ dirty.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here there is lots of kinds of mud, man i could make a list of my own. What really ***** is the greasy clay that accumulates on some back roads as the gravel washes away, its mud but its like driving on ice!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I usually have my camera with when i go places so i plan on getting a lot of misc snap shots of the KJ.

Going on vacation up north the end of July for a week, have family up around the Cloquet and Two Harbors area. Lots of nice wooded areas to go for a drive. I also have family over by Superior WI. They own about 40 acres of wooded area with trails for ATV's and 4x4's, so i think i might have to get the KJ dirty.

Wow, where are the mountains... erh, hills, erh, very very small mounds of dirt?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tony...

I will have to take some pictures of the rock piles from centuries of farming for jnaut, thats the closest we get to mountains around here.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Hard to imagine that spot caked with the snow.

Oh it does, and it drifts in so that the small building at the base of the tower is missing except for the roof. If not for the fencing around it you could go right over it in the winter time with enough snow.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh it does, and it drifts in so that the small building at the base of the tower is missing except for the roof. If not for the fencing around it you could go right over it in the winter time with enough snow.

Hmmmm...what tower? I don't see any tower in those pics? Am I missing something?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Haha sometimes its kinda fun to go pasturing because with the grass kinda high you can't ever tell the surface changes and when cruising along about 10-15 mph its just nice steady roll flexes of the supspension kinda fun lol

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...what tower? I don't see any tower in those pics? Am I missing something?

It's behind me when i was taking the pictures. I didn't take any pictures of the tower itself as not many find it interesting like i do!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha sometimes its kinda fun to go pasturing because with the grass kinda high you can't ever tell the surface changes and when cruising along about 10-15 mph its just nice steady roll flexes of the supspension kinda fun lol

Yeah it is fun, roll this way, roll that way, back and forth. It's a good test of the suspension actually, a few dips were big enough to watch the rear axle go all the way up and down, full travel. No squeaks or anything, all sounded good.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Yeah it is fun, roll this way, roll that way, back and forth. It's a good test of the suspension actually, a few dips were big enough to watch the rear axle go all the way up and down, full travel. No squeaks or anything, all sounded good.

Yeah I know, I have about 80 acres of rolling hills lots of fun to cruise on lol
but I also have about 20 acres of woods that I plan to make me some wheelin trails on :)

Latest posts

Members online