Just bought a KJ, help with floor mat colour?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheCurlySage

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading these forums since before I bought my KJ. But now that I finally own one I need some help. I'm super indecisive and would love some help deciding what colour floor mats to buy. The interior of my car has two tones and the seats are a beige/greyish colour, so I'm having trouble deciding what will match best. Either these grey floor mats, beige, or the black ones with beige stitching. What do you think?
Any help is appreciated.

Interior Colour:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Floor Mat Options:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black with beige stitching is the least offensive to me.. the others look like you hacked up someones down filled parka and laid it on the floor for a mat.

A charcoal grey would match better.. I like floor mats that blend in with the carpeting, not contrast out from it or the seat materials... but it's whatever you like.

That material those mats are made of looks like it'd be slippery when wet..

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the black, I always get black floor mats, they just age better.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Black does hide the dirt better, and is a nice contrast.

TheCurlySage

Reaction score
Black with beige stitching is the least offensive to me.. the others look like you hacked up someones down filled parka and laid it on the floor for a mat.

A charcoal grey would match better.. I like floor mats that blend in with the carpeting, not contrast out from it or the seat materials... but it's whatever you like.

That material those mats are made of looks like it'd be slippery when wet..

I was thinking black too but was worried it would look weird since I don't have much black accents inside the car.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DANG! Those are some FANCY floor mats.

I like the black with the stitching that would match your seats.

For what you are about to drop on those floor mats, are you sure you want to spend that kind of cash on something you will be rubbing your dirty feet on? to each his own i guess, but the rubber dealies at you local store are going to save you a BOATLOAD.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DANG! Those are some FANCY floor mats.

I like the black with the stitching that would match your seats.

For what you are about to drop on those floor mats, are you sure you want to spend that kind of cash on something you will be rubbing your dirty feet on? to each his own i guess, but the rubber dealies at you local store are going to save you a BOATLOAD.

On "sale" for $229... lol.

Description states "Fine PVC Leather". Well, which is it? Fine PVC? Or Leather?

To each their own, not my money... but lipstick on a pig comes to mind. Maybe I'd get those for my Maybach, or Bugatti, or Audi RS8..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Jeep requires something way more robust.
However, it is the first time I have seen a floor mat that resembles a quilted pillow..:happy175:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black.

But, since you're asking opinions....save a lot of money and get Weathertechs or Husky Liners

TheCurlySage

Reaction score
Black.

But, since you're asking opinions....save a lot of money and get Weathertechs or Husky Liners

Yea I was considering Weathertechs for a while too, but I want mats that have a super high lip/covers the full carpet