July Run - Sierra Ancha Mountains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
July Run - Sierra Ancha Mountains

Beth and I are putting together a run for July 12th.

The plan is to run up US 60 to Globe, turn west on Highway 188 and then go north on dirt road 288 to Young. We can go straight to the trail a few miles south of Young OR continue on to Young for a quick lunch at the Antlers Café. After lunch we’ll turn around and go back south a few miles and catch a trail the runs down the west side of the Sierra Ancha Mountains, northeast of Roosevelt Lake. The trail ends in Punkin Center. On the way home we could stop for a Mexican dinner in Globe if anyone wants to join us.

It will be a long day because of the distance to the traihead and the roughness of the trail down the mountain, Some of you may have heard me talk of this trail, which we first did in the KJ right after we bought it. No skids and street tires… it took us about four hours to go seven miles because of the rocky terrain.

I’m planning for an early start, meeting at the Shell station in Gold Canyon at 0800 and rolling out at 0830.

When: July 12
Meet: 0800
Where: Shell Station in Gold Canyon
Depart: 0830
Length: All day

If you’re interested, copy and paste the list and add your name.

1. AZKJ + 1
2. Pablo

Maybe

1. 2006KJSPORT4x4
2. Oldhockeyvb
3. rkeegstra +1

Note: Also posted on L.O.S.T.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! It looks like there's not much interest in this run. What is it, gas prices, the heat, location or what???

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! It looks like there's not much interest in this run. What is it, gas prices, the heat, location or what???
Yes, yes, and yes :p

Actually I had already committed to do a night run on the 12th with some other HAM radio folks so that's why I hadn't posted anything. Y'all have fun out there!

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put us down as "maybes". We've blown the budget for three months straight, but it would be good to get out and about.

1. AZKJ + 1
2. Pablo

Maybe

1. 2006KJSPORT4x4
2. Oldhockeyvb
3. rkeegstra +1

Russ & Mary

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I'm sorry to say I have to bow out leading this trip. Beth's back is bothering her big time and there is something wrong with the Liberty I need to get checked out.

Once again, sorry.

AJ

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp, i am just getting settled in my new house finally and was scanning for adventure. Looks like the trip is canix'ed? I may be able to get out on this run this weekend, not sure yet.

Either way, Hello everyone! long time no talky or see. Hope everyone is doing well. Beth, hope your back feels better =)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Casey... Beth said thanks.

Check in over on LOST for details... Vern said he'll lead a run up there this Sat, meeting at the WalMart in Globe.

Oh, and good to see you back!!!

Last edited: