July/05/09 Day trip pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I let the house this morning and set out towards Calabogie. Once you hit this place,I just took a side road and followed it. It took me thru the woods and eventually out in the power line trails. Once I got on the power line trail, then the fun began.
There was a good mixture of rocky trail with some steep approaches, water crossing, and some mud....but the rocks were the trickiest. If I didn't have the MT's for grip and pawing, I wouldn't have made it thru and over some of the op-stack- acles that was on the trail. It tested the tires and the KJ.
I met a couple guys on the trail 1 in TJ and 1 guy in an XJ....lucky thing as I need a pull after going over the top of a bank on a left hand crawl uphill, so I dropped my right front tire over the side and got hung. The TJ hooked on to me and pulled me back a couple feet over the edge.

I didn't get any action shots of the good stuff, I was busy driving in all the good situations. I need a co-pilot who is a photography buff. ;)

Thought this was cool.
You must be registered for see images attach

If you look closely, you might see a red Chevy(I think) 1/2 ton rolled on it's side.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
kj924.....nice pic's.

Is that white sand or road salt or what in the first 2 pic's??

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
kj924.....nice pic's.

Is that white sand or road salt or what in the first 2 pic's??

Dave

Thanks....I wish I had been able to get the good pics I wanted....of the real good wheeling area on the power lines.:D

I don't exactly know Dave, it's an open pit silica sand?? not sure and I didn't see any signs to tell me, but is very coarse grains on the road.

Members online