Is my KJ Haunted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night, after I came home, I turned off my lights, turned off the engine, and locked it with the remote. Everthing was OFF when I entered my house. I didn't use my jeep today but this afternoon, I noticed that the interior lights were on. :-s Ok, I guess I could have left them on somehow. But when I got in the jeep everything was in the OFF position. I was confused, so I turned everything off-on-off and that seemed to work. Then, 2 minutes later, they were on again... hmm. I went through the sequence a couple more times and now they seem to be off (after 30minutes) Everything seems to running, after a night with the interior lights on but I just hope my battery is not too badly spent.

I don't understand electrical stuff. I wonder what could have caused this.. ???

The only thing that has happened out of the norm was my trip to the city yesterday. I used valet parking, at a 6'5" clearnace garage, and my window mounted CB antenna was ripped off. Perhaps the valets messed with something... I dunno.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Just keep an eye on it. It could be the BCM (body control module) acting up.

Also, when you saw the interior lights were on, was that after you unlocked it? since, with the key transmitter it turns the interior lights on when the vehicle is unlocked.
EDIT: Nevermind, I saw that you didn't move it at all that day.

Bennett

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a problem where the interior lights come on randomely as well. They will blink or just come on at all tiimes, I may be driving, it may be sitting in the driveway, whatever, the only commonality is that the engine is always running when it happens, so I am not hitting the key fob, the doors aren't open, nothing. What is the bcm that you are talking about Bennett? Mine might be bad :-k

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior lights should shut themselves off if you forget to. I would def take it into the dealer. Example: if you leave a door open, the interior lights will stay on for a spell (15 minutes?) then the BCM will cut them off as a powersaving feature.

So if thats not whats happening, then you might have a Gremlin.

-Blu

2003KJ

Reaction score
I remember quite a few of the 02's had faulty BCM's put in them. They got in one day and had no head lights, guages, horn, cruise, radio.....but the Jeep still ran just fine.

This is what happens when a vehicle runs almost ocmpletely on them thar computein machine thangs (say the last 5 words in a heavy southern accent)

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I remember quite a few of the 02's had faulty BCM's put in them. They got in one day and had no head lights, guages, horn, cruise, radio.....but the Jeep still ran just fine.

This is what happens when a vehicle runs almost ocmpletely on them thar computein machine thangs (say the last 5 words in a heavy southern accent)

lol...this is what my father will say =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny thing... This morning I was messing where the wife and I keep our car keys, change, wallets, etc. I went into the garage and noticed that the lights were on inside the KJ. I thought about this post, "No! It's haunted!" So tonight I have looked in the garage twice now, and the lights are off. I'm thinking I might have bumped the remote this morning... I'm hoping that's all it was. 8-[

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
2003KJ said:

lol...this is what my father will say =D>

:crackup:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Funny thing... This morning I was messing where the wife and I keep our car keys, change, wallets, etc. I went into the garage and noticed that the lights were on inside the KJ. I thought about this post, "No! It's haunted!" So tonight I have looked in the garage twice now, and the lights are off. I'm thinking I might have bumped the remote this morning... I'm hoping that's all it was. 8-[

dont say u have something wrong with ur jeep, since we have the same jeeps that would mean something would be wrong with mine also!!