iPod controller on the way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This definitley convinces me to go out and get an IPOD. I was seeing some of my friends just hook it up directly to their cars (BMW, VolksWagon)!! Since I am convinced to buy an IPOD now, are all the IPOD models compatible with this adapter?

If so, which IPOD model should I get? The best bang for the buck? I listen to lots of music but not 5000 songs hehe.

-Thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Depends. What do you want?

and it's iPod. \:D/ hehe j/k.

If you're looking for something to jog around with, I suggest getting the iPod Shuffle. Sure, it has no screen, but also has no hard drive, which means that you're not going to destroy it. If you want something with a screen, however, and don't jog, get the iPod Mini in whichever color you like. It's a really slick thing, although I hate the screen. Rumor has it that it will be appearing with a color screen soon, like the big iPod line. If you must hold everything you have on your iPod, the 20GB and 60GB full size iPods are definitely for you. They're a little "big", especially the 60GB model, but worth it, in my opinion.

I recommend the iPod Mini for you, since you don't want the ability to hold all those songs. However, I'll tell you this... the iPod has the ability to act as a portable hard drive for storing data. You may find that useful.

Hope this helps.

Congrats on the controller, HwnJeep. =D> Let us know how it works out for you.

I love my iPod!
You must be registered for see images

claudio

Reaction score
Ipods are great, i am using it about half a year and now it's every where with me, i have a FM transmiter with it in the jeep meanwhile i change the stock radio to my pioneer with aux in, because the sound is bad with FM in the city.

my best spend money!! \:D/

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Ipod mini, it's not even half full and I go to LA, around and back to Orange County and it's still going. I have been using the tape cassette adapter, but the sound quality could be better. I want to do the Ipod controller, but wanted other things first.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to toot my own stereo again, but I use the Alpine iPod controller - it connects to the head unit as if it's a CD changer and lets you control the iPod via the HU or remote. Select songs by playlist, artist, album, trackname, etc, plenty of ways to search. Almost as good as with the iPod itself. Nice to not have to use the iPod to control it while in the car, but be able to when I leave the car. And since it's all alpine, it's not car-dependant - I can take the whole deck, iPod, and changed with me to any other car. The best part is that the iPod changer only cost $80, the Alpine head units are as cheap as maybe $150. WAY cheaper than the alternative, and you get higher quality.

HwnJeep

Reaction score
Well, I got the controller this week. I'll probably install today and let you know how it turns out. I've had an iPod adapter in the Cobra for a while now and it's all I use in the car anymore. The wife started getting jealous so I had to buy one for the jeep! :p

HwnJeep

Reaction score
Installed this morning! The hardest part was trying to figure out where I wanted the wire routed. Once that was done, everything else was easy! Works as advertised. I'm still trying to get used to the way it handles all the songs as CD playlists, but it's more important my wife does so she'll stop putting in headphones while she drives!

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im interested in getting this PIE- PC POD..I have factory satillite sirius installed. Will I be able to use both Sirius and IPOD?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HwnJeep said:
Installed this morning! The hardest part was trying to figure out where I wanted the wire routed. Once that was done, everything else was easy! Works as advertised. I'm still trying to get used to the way it handles all the songs as CD playlists, but it's more important my wife does so she'll stop putting in headphones while she drives!

Did you have to just pull the deck out? I hate having to burn CD's... hard to pick out what I want on such a small disc, lol! headscratch.gif

jimmie's 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this thing.

I put mine in this weekend and i love it. It only took 45 min to install. The only draw back is that you have to set up 6 cd's as play list on i-tunes. But with that draw back I love it

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does the PIE controller work with the 20GB and 60GB I-pods? The website only mentions 4G, 6G and mini.

jimmie's 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup it works with any 3rd or 4th gen. ipod with the dock conector.