Interior door trim scratches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastamm

Reaction score
Hi there:

today l looked at a used 2008 KK Sport with only 8k miles and in overall good condition. It just got off rental duty in Florida. Asking price $14000.

One thing caught my eyes: On the driver and passenger side the interior trim panel containing the door pull handle and window switches was pretty scratched up. It looked like it was mostly a paint issues (painted plastic) not the underlying plastic.

Have any of you experienced this? Any solutions? The dealer recommended repainting the piece? How about buying an unpainted panel to avoid the scratching?

Thanks,

Tony

ups4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my KK. I answered you post over at JeepForum.
I'll answer here too to bump the post.
Hopefully somebody with a Limited KK with the chrome covering in this area will post back. If the chrome is not getting scratched like ours, then we can replace the plastic with the chrome piece.

Just to clarify, this is the inside pull area you would use to close the door when you get in the Jeep. It's just aft of the window switch panel.

You must be registered for see images

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You know it wouldn't be so bad if it was dark slate gray. It's the only way I can deal with looking at them. :)

Glad the '09s are DSG!