IL M&G Thread - Sunday, Sept. 13th @ 1:00pm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
For those few of us that had planned this over on LOST, are we still going? IIRC, we were going to meet at 1:00pm, Pratt Wayne Forest Preserve in Wayne.

Jerry - would you mind posting the map again?

What else am I missing? :confused:

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAP > http://itouchmap.com/?d=422008&s=IL&f=forest
Basically, from Rt.59 go west on Sterns Rd (you'll be on the west side of Bartlett - which reminds me, the speed limit is 35mph, do it! the cops sit in the church parking lot on the right side of the road - then it goes to 45 mph, the cops also sit back aways in the industrial park entrance also on ride side of road, be careful not to exceed 45-50 mph. Bartlett cops suck). Once you cross the railroad tracks, there is a left turn lane (no stop light, sign or intersection, just a left turn lane for Powis Rd) - turn onto Powis road. For those coming from the west, take Rt25 to sterns rd (stop light, only goes east bound) - before you reach the train tracks , Powis road is on the right, it sneaks up on you.

So everyone = Take Powis Rd .9 (tenths) mile - there you'll see "Pratt's Wayne Woods" signs across the road from each other - go west (turn right into preserve). FWIW, after you enter the preserve, you will notice a "one way" sign, then a "Y" in the road, take the Left fork and that's where I thought was the nicest place to hang-out.

I'm not going to attend the M&G today. I PM'd Jayme and she wasn't sure if anyone was still going or not (dunno) - so I'm going boating.

I'll see whoever in 2 weeks for Nicolet. Really looking forward to that. (biggthumpup)drive.gif

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll be there too... bringing stuff - not sure what yet.

Have a good day on the water, Jerry! :D

Last edited:

jeepfrog

Reaction score
We're still going - hope you all like pasta salad! Maybe I'll just bring a smaller batch...

Have fun boating, Jerry!

(Since he's probably gone to the lake already - I vote we do next summer's first M&G on his boat!!! ssst.gif )

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm still waiting for a friend to show up here....

wingnuts

Reaction score
oh crap the plan has been foiled, Jerry caught us with the boat plans

just noticed this, not really sure if we were still going to make it, if you see us there we obviously made it, if not well then you know the routine

jeepfrog

Reaction score
As always, nice to see everyone. It was great finally meeting Mrs. FancyPants :) That's a great lady you've got there, Tom!

It was really great to just hang out and shoot the breeze - no wrenches!!!

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was really great to just hang out and shoot the breeze - no wrenches!!!

I assume you all had a good time today. I can relate to your feelings - I'm really looking forward to wheeling, and hanging out at the camp site in Nicolet.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I can relate to your feelings - I'm really looking forward to wheeling, and hanging out at the camp site in Nicolet.

ME TOO!! :D

That trip still feels like it's to far away... :( FYI - I did post all the informational stuff on here in the Midwest section... in case someone needs it.

Good day today. Nice spot too, Jerry... pretty area. :)

Last edited: