I want my seats to go even lower....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quinnb

Reaction score
... Hi ya'll. New to the forum here.

I love my '06 Limited; power leather seats are great and all, but I find that the seats, even when ratched all the way down, are still just a tad too high up for my liking. I figured that after a few months the seat would break-in a bit more and I'd sit a little lower, but they have not really. I'm 6'1", so I'm sittin' up pretty high.....
Anyone know if it's possible to modify the front seat frame or seat cushion so that me & my passenger can sit lower?

Thanks!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. That sounds interesting. I am 6' but don't have a problem with head room/leg room in the drivers seat. However, if I am in my passenger seat I feel like I'm going to hit my head on the roof. I believe the passenger seat is already adjusted to sit higher than the drivers seat.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are aittle high.. This has alway been a complaint about the libbys. You could take the seat out and see if there is a way to cut it down some..

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
5' 10" here and also wish I could lower the seat some. I've got tons of headroom, but that's not my issue.

It's the whole "Sitting Up High" feeling that some people like.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im almost 6' 3" and i dont have a problem with the seats, but i think that i tend to have my seat reclined a little more then most people.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
especko said:
im almost 6' 3" and i dont have a problem with the seats, but i think that i tend to have my seat reclined a little more then most people.
Heh, Pics? Mine is pretty reclined.. My headrest is about 1/3 of the way in the rear window. lol3.gif

EDITED: Corrected typo... 1/3, NOT 2/3.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
6' here and no problems so far. I love a bit height, you can see a lot :)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
especko said:
Heh, Pics? Mine is pretty reclined.. My headrest is about 2/3 of the way in the rear window. lol3.gif

Going for the gangsta drive, huh? cryinghard.gif
As for the sitting high thing, I love that. I find it takes me awhile to get used to again if I ride in a friends car for a while, though.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6'3 also, no prob, only quip is trying to see the traffic lights, the windscreen is a bit too low, or I'm just sitting high! Knee space is a concern though.

What's the story behind the knee bolsters, I take it that it's compulsory in US, as a seatbelt alternative? That's what I heard somewhere.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
ENBr said:
6'3 also, no prob, only quip is trying to see the traffic lights, the windscreen is a bit too low, or I'm just sitting high! Knee space is a concern though.

What's the story behind the knee bolsters, I take it that it's compulsory in US, as a seatbelt alternative? That's what I heard somewhere.
The Cherokee actually has that same problem with viewing traffic lights.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stick your head out the sunroof. peepwall.gif

Didn't they sell that ugly magnifying glass looking piece of plastic to stick on the windshield, so you can see the traffic lights..

*just stop at the line or a bit behind, I think it will be OK.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Stick your head out the sunroof. peepwall.gif

Didn't they sell that ugly magnifying glass looking piece of plastic to stick on the windshield, so you can see the traffic lights..

*just stop at the line or a bit behind, I think it will be OK.

Waaa - I don't have a sunroof :(

Anyway, less noise... I stop before the line or just crane my neck left, right, or downwards...

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
6'3 also, no prob, only quip is trying to see the traffic lights, the windscreen is a bit too low.

haha - I have the same problem at certain traffic lights!

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6'1" here.

I have no objection with the view height or ceiling height.

My seat is slid all the way back, and its reclined about two notches.(Just slightly off from straight up)

I have a similar problem seeing lights if I pull right up to the line, but that problem is easily solved by stopping 6 feet earlier.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
safe to say..I think i'm the tallest out of the lot of y'all, and im more then enough comfortable in the jeep...Too low (as in the blazer) is more of a problem for me....

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
safe to say..I think i'm the tallest out of the lot of y'all, and im more then enough comfortable in the jeep...Too low (as in the blazer) is more of a problem for me....
I still don't see how your tall behind can fit in the Jeep and your seat isn't all the way back.

If I adjust my seat one notch forward I start feeling uncomfortable.