I "Ice'd" Today! by turtle-wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turtle Wax Ice wax. What a breeze to put-on and wipe-off. No residue or wax-dust. No white-marks on the black/gray trim. But how long will it last!

Any other experiences with Ice? Or comparisons to Ice? Thanks!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've used mainly Meguire's wax on my KJ. So can't comment on the ICE line up. The liquid clay bar isn't really comparable to a real clay bar.

Haven't had much luck with Turtle Wax products lasting long either. But then I just bought their Black Box kit for black vehicles, which seems to get high marks. I will report back on those results.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive heard some good things about ICE, pretty much exactly what you said. It seems anything that is easy to apply and take off doesnt last very long though. Personally Ive feel in love with Collinite 476. If you apply it too thick its a bear to get off but man does it last and the beading is insane.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Should this thread not be moved to the "Detailing & Cleaning section" ??

"Ice by Turtle Wax" does sound interesting, especially that it covers outside plastic & Vinyl with UV included.

I have been using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax with very good results.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...mage_result&resnum=5&ct=image&ved=0CC8Q9QEwBA
It still beads after 2 months, and has offered good protection from dirt and bird droppings.
Normally once a year I will give a hard wax coat using #3 Meguiars and then a quick wax for touch ups throughout the year.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy to use and makes the paint shine like crazy, but it's not a true wax and doesn't offer any real protection. I use it on occasion when I want some shine for pictures and such.

Boiler

Reaction score
I just bought some zaino z-2 to try, have heard a lot of good things about it and it supposedly lasts 5-6 months. I'm just not sure how you get it OFF.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ICE doesn't last very long at all. I'd give it two weeks. They make it really easy to apply because you have to do it often.:D

If you want something that is cheap, easy to use, wont stain trim and last for a good long while, try Duragloss #105. You can purchase it at CarQuest if there is one near you. If they don't have it in the store, ask them to order it.

Wow! Cool to see another Collinite user! It's manufactured in my city, never knew they shipped to KY. Pretty cool.

It is damn good stuff!
I love 476s.

dogem

Reaction score
I really like Liquid ICE. Last longer than two weeks. I do my work truck twice a year and it sits outside 24/7/365 and will bead water and shines like new.

Works great for restoring faded black plastic, ton better than Mothers Back to Black but seems not to last as long on black plastic if parked in direct sunlight.

Works great on aluminum boats too, you don't have to remove white residue from around rivet heads.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my KJ with Meguire's Gold Carnuba, and WOW! Seeing as my 03 probably hasn't seen wax since 03, it was a nice improvement :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Cool to see another Collinite user! It's manufactured in my city, never knew they shipped to KY. Pretty cool.

It is damn good stuff!

Yup, I use collinite 476 and 845. Both seem to be great waxes. Kinda hard to remove if you apply it too thick but the it lasts for ever and the beading is amazing! Picked up a couple cans of it at the local Harbor Freight for around $10 a pop. Believe they've stopped carrying it but Ive got enough to do me awhile. :)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

clapperc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... It's been three months and I am an ICE fan forever! Still beading; Nice shine; Dirt/tar washes off easily. In addition to the Liberty I ICE'd two other Jeeps... Here's my advice: Apply a very light coat; Remove with a micro-fiber cloth; If applied too heavy or one coat over another... It is hard to remove and then streaks. I think possibly the most important suggestion I read from other wax'ing forums was to allow it to cure 48 hours out of rain/wash and any weather if possible. I hope you-all find this informative.

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
I have to be honest. I like Ice but like stated before only for a quick fix. You really can't get the same results as HJ. I mean look at the hood.