How to reinstall side mirror glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odell420

Reaction score
How do i reinstall my side mirror glass? I took it out to repair the glass and I can't figure out how to reinstall it.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I think my new mirror glass came glued to a plastic frame with the socket part of a ball & socket joint. Just snapped in if I'm remembering right. Moose broke it with a knee... ankle maybe.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Since this was posted in the KK section I'll move this to KJ General Discussion section for now.
The 2002 Factory service manual may be of some help. http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2002JeepKJServiceManual.pdf
IDK but a new mirror may be an option. Some are heated and have the wavy heated symbol on the glass.
The removal video from 1A Auto may be of help to others as well here.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CHIPPER146

Reaction score
How do i reinstall my side mirror glass? I took it out to repair the glass and I can't figure out how to reinstall it.

Just a thought. You can pick up a brand-new unheated mirror housing for under $25.00 each side.

Google "jeep liberty side mirror" and a page of places to buy them come up. I replaced my non-heated mirrors with heated mirrors for a couple of bucks more than that. The wiring is there, just not used. It works in conjunction with the rear window defroster switch.