How to Install a Westin Bully Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Here is what you start with:
You must be registered for see images

the brackets are backwards in the picture IE meaning the brackets on the left are for the driverside and the ones on the right are for the passanger side.

Please ignore my colored shoe :lol:

The instructions are pretty plain... just a simple break down diagram. But since this is made to fit the N***o there is one part that needs to be modified in order to fit correctly. The cooler in the lower grill prevents the driver's side frame bracket from being bolted down. Here's how to fix that: Unbolt the cooler and lay it aside. Then I used a zip bit on my dremel to remove about an inch of plastic on the driver's side and a 1/2 on the passanger's side. To protect the radiator/ a/c condenser while cutting I fabbed a small shield from some aluminum I had. Here's how that mod looks:

(with shield)

(without shield driver's side)

(passanger side)

From there just follow the diagram. Once you have it where you like it just tighten all the bolts down. Here is the finished result:

**TIPS**
If I had to do it again I would put the libby on some ramps or jackstands to save my back :oops:

Also I would remove the Westin skid plate before placing it on the mounts. This would allow you to more easily tighten the frame bolts.

Oh and if your mounting lights to it, do that before bolting the bully bar assembly to the brackets. Its much easier that way.