How to fix Venta Visor and rear windows brakelights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a set of Ventavisors and a new rear brake stop light.
They are attached by self adhesive glue.

How do I fix them on my KJ, when it is pluss 5 C outside?
(I have no poss. to store the entiry Jeep in a varm garage)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new rear stop light, is it the entire thing or just a cover? Not to sure what you mean by that?

Do the instructions for the vent visors say anything about temperature? If not, just be sure to clean the paint really well with isopropyl alcohol...

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
The new rear stop light, is it the entire thing or just a cover? Not to sure what you mean by that?..

Look at this:

http://www.krovoll.net/jeepenmin.JPG

This is how a KJ looks in Norway :)
Our brakelight in the middle is glued to the window on the inside !
Just recently a dog chewed up the old one, so I just bought a new one and have to glue it in place.
The orignal one costs about 250 USD here in Norway, I found a replica on ebay for 2 dollar :)

While we are at the back door -
anyone who has fixed a handle at it ?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fjellfinn said:
jeepjeepster said:
The new rear stop light, is it the entire thing or just a cover? Not to sure what you mean by that?..

Look at this:

Our brakelight in the middle is glued to the window on the inside !
Just recently a dog chewed up the old one, so I just bought a new one and have to glue it in place.
The orignal one costs about 250 USD here in Norway, I found a replica on ebay for 2 dollar :)

While we are at the back door -
anyone who has fixed a handle at it ?

Dude, i thought I knew everything about libertys but I have NEVER seen anything like that. What is the point of the roof? Why is it so high?

I have no clue what to say about the brake light since I have no clue hopw it works. Nor have I ever seen one?

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Fjellfinn said:
jeepjeepster said:

Look at this:

Dude, i thought I knew everything about libertys but I have NEVER seen anything like that. What is the point of the roof? Why is it so high?

\:D/
A "normal" KJ like the one you have is not possible to sell in Norway due to its very high price.
A KJ with only two seats (backseats removed) costs the half but the KJ has to small cargo area to get "green plates" of the Norw gowmt, but this is fixed by adding a high roof by the Norw. Jeep importer.
THe "only" function of this roof is to get the car approx usd 30 000 cheaper :)
In this operation the middle baklight was removed and replace by one at the inside of the glass.

billweaponsman

Reaction score
stange setup on that KJ, renders luggage rack useless for anything. also has a red light in rear bumper were our U.S. plates would be and did anyone see the front turn signal indicator in the front fender. not in the U.S. on that one also. Fjellfinn my wifes 2004 KJ liberty was picked up for 11,700 USD with 26,000 miles on it.
the (green plate) is what? SUV plate, truck plate, or something else? were i live there are seperate plates for cars 36 USD and truck plates run from 51 USD to over 800 USD for very large trucks. also there is antique plates for cars or trucks over 25 years old that are lifetime plates around 50 USD.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billweaponsman said:
the (green plate) is what? SUV plate, truck plate, or something else? .

The green plates - is -- exactly green with black letters/digits.
It is used on Norw. vehicles with limited number of seats(2 seats and backseats removed) and a specific minimum load capacity.
The KJ is a bit too small to fit in this category, thus the big roof added by the Jeep Norway!
This category of green plated medium to large size vans, is a strange and special "invention" by Norwegian authorities.
It is very popular category as we get 40 % off the normal price, but the real cost is that the rest of the family must stay home :-(

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
billweaponsman said:
stange setup on that KJ, renders luggage rack useless for anything. also has a red light in rear bumper were our U.S. plates would be and did anyone see the front turn signal indicator in the front fender. not in the U.S. on that one also.

All cars in Norway MUST have this turn signal, this is a modification made by Jeep Norway to get the KJ legal in Norway :)
I sure would like to find a WHITE light instead (with yellow bulb of course), most of the German cars have such, anyone who can find it for my KJ ?